Unbeleivable Loadings Times and Lag

Captain Ashton

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
986
Edit: Problem resolved. I now rarely lag and rarely time out. Turns out it was all the skin overloads doing. I now only use 4 skins. Take my advice; don't have too many.

Ok. Team Fortress 2 hasn't been working well on my computer for the last 1/2months. There are 2 phases that happen while I play:

1. When I connect to a server I always wait about 10 minutes to get past the 'retrieving server info' phase of the loading screen, Followed by 'Disconnected from server. =(eG)= Captain Ashton timed out'. It then takes another 3-5 minutes to connect to the server again.

This happens on ever server I've tried to connect to recently, even fairly empty ones, European and American servers alike.

The next phase tends to happen only on eGO servers (although the only other severs I ever play on are the Intox surfing servers).

2. When I finally arrive in the server it takes about 1 minutes for me to be able to press the continue button and the lag I face in the servers is unbelievable. For example I died after losing a round defending cashworks and when I respawned the next round had been going for 30 seconds.

This happens 95% of the time when I join an eGO sevrer with more than 20 players. Sometimes it takes about 5 minutes to wear off but today I was playing for 30 minutes with no improvement which is why I'm here now.

I beg of you to find a solution to this. Is there anything that could possibly be causing all this lag? My computer is still using the same internet connection it was using a year ago, and TF2 was working perfectly until recently.

The only cause I can think of is having too many skins. I have skins for most of the character weapons but none for character models; but in all honesty I don't want to have to get rid of them; although I will if it will definatly help.
 
Last edited:
Just back up the skins. If it doesn't get rid of the lag, replace them, because that's not the problem.
Are you running on wireless? Is your computer capable of running TF2?
 
Just back up the skins. If it doesn't get rid of the lag, replace them, because that's not the problem.
Are you running on wireless? Is your computer capable of running TF2?

1. I've decided to delete half of my skins so we'll see what happens.
2. No, I use an ethernet cable
3. Its been capable of running TF2 since Xmas 2007 so yes, I'd say it's capable.
 
What antivirus do you use? Did you install it recently?

Are you running a laptop?

What are you computer specs?

Have you defragged your hard drive?

Try running windowed. It can sometimes ease the load on the hard drive if you don't have very much ram.

I used to run TF2 fullscreen on a laptop HD with antivirus and loading times made me want to kill myself.
 
Well make sure that your computer has'nt got too many processes running at the same time while you are playing. Sometimes computers just need a cleanup so they can run at full speed. Also try a registry scan, The best registry cleaner is probably Eusing Registry Cleaner.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top