C&C: Red Alert 3

Jesh

Poster
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
140
I looked around, and didn't see any posts for it, but I know a couple of us have it. Discuss the great RTS game here.
 
I got it for Christmas. When I do play it, I enjoy it very much, but the main issue I have with the game is that I am very, very terrible at it. Which is a compliant akin to saying The Dark Knight sucked because I suddenly had to use the bathroom halfway through watching it in the theaters and never actually went until it was fully over. Which actually happened and to this day is the only complaint I have towards The Dark Knight.

So anyway. I suck at RA3. If you ever want to play with me just ask, my name is the same as I use here: Dan2025.
 
Well, I've been a fan of the C&C series for years (I have every game except for RA3), but it seems from what I've seen and what other people say, it's the game that doesn't love up to it's name. The whole series started worsening as soon as Westwood ceased to exist: doesn't mean that Generals or Tiberium Wars were terrible though.

Back to the topic of RA3 though, I have to be honest and say that I haven't played very much of it. However, the little I played gave me, ermmmm, hard to describe, but just some feeling of something missing.
 
I enjoy it but I haven't played it lately because not many people play with me.
 
Love the game
It's very similar to RA2, but it's not quite as balanced. It's a bit complicated for most people as well, since almost every unit has a secondary ability that when used correctly is devastating.

RAWR I need to stop napping in the afternoons so I can play with you guys.
 
Tbh, this game has tons of micromanagement, so when you play, it's an in depth type of thing. I don't think it's a bad game, but that's probably because it's the first RTS I've ever played.
 
Love the game
It's very similar to RA2, but it's not quite as balanced. It's a bit complicated for most people as well, since almost every unit has a secondary ability that when used correctly is devastating.

RAWR I need to stop napping in the afternoons so I can play with you guys.

Giving each unit a second function is what ruined it, along with the new way to resource gather and the cartoonish graphics. Its no longer a strategy to just go out and kill the miners of your enemy, you have to take on their whole base now.


Personally, I thought the RA series was all about the unit spam, not about using special functions and stuff. If I was playing a game like CoH, I would love to have every unit get a special function, but not a fast paced game like RA3.
 
To be honest, you don' t need the units second function all the much. You could take a few apocalypse tanks, and march over pretty much anything, provided some V4 rockets shot anything you couldn't from far distance.
 
Hmm...so whats the general view? Is it good or bad?

lol

I enjoyed Generals very much and Tiberium Wars was interesting. Kinda lost interest in RTS games since I'm only good on teams. Solo I fail hardcore. I'm great at supporting another base but just surviving on my own...pssh. Awful hahaha.
 
I've really enjoyed RA3 so far, the fact that the main story can be played co-op is win in my books. It is unbalanced still, and there is a lot of "kill the ore miner." The secondary abilities are fun and easy to use, it's just a matter of remembering all of them.

The cut scenes are awesome.

Overall I really like it, but I wish my roommates would play with me more. D:
 
I have it, its great and all.. but um i dont find it much fun... seems to get very repetitive, the one thing i like about it though.. the story/cinematic is great.. funny when they kill albert einstein lol
 
I have it, its great and all.. but um i dont find it much fun... seems to get very repetitive, the one thing i like about it though.. the story/cinematic is great.. funny when they kill albert einstein lol

THEY WHAT!!??!??!??!

Those dirty good for nothing....oooo....wait til I get my hands on a copy...
 
Back
Top