New Case Mod (sneak peek)

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
7981b63a.png

Well, us folks here in the Doom Train are beginning another case mod. We're doing this one up for Jake (BlackMesaSouth) so he'll have a case cool enough to kick bubblegum at QuakeCon 2009.

I sincerely apologize for the horrible quality. I didn't bring my camcorder with me, so you get the video my phone shoots. The other videos will be nice, I promise.

What does the front look like? What is the theme of this case modification? OMG, you'll have to ask BMS. Send my buddy Mesa a PM if you're at all curious what this thing is going to look like. I promise you, it'll blow your mind.


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa44ubVoBf8[/ame]​



For those of you unfamiliar with what we do and have done, check out Project Kari. The link is in my signature. There are videos and pictures detailing one of our mods.
 
DIE ANTIQUATED TECHNOLOGY DIE!!!!!

That is planned to be replaced with a Full ATX Gigabyte board, similar to what we used in Project Kari, as those boards have proven them selves worthy. Also wanting to upgrade to an AMD 7500 processor. We will make full use of both of them by overclocking. Going to keep the ATI 4850 and all other components.

And if makes anyone feel better the MoBo struck back. I got more than a few cuts from that sucker. Also it was from 1994
 
Last edited:
Also it was from 1994

We're not sure of that. Could be older. Carbon dating suggests the Paleozoic Era.

---EDIT---
By the way, what is my fascination with renovating old cases? Maybe because I can't afford to mod a new case.
 
Why didn't you just unscrew it ? You could've damaged the case like that. And case modding is all about detail for me ;)
 
•Jv•;694919 said:
Why didn't you just unscrew it ? You could've damaged the case like that. And case modding is all about detail for me ;)


Since this is an old server box there is no IO panel and the motherboard tray is not going to be useable with the design we are planning. So damages that might have come would have been negligable. Going to be cutting most of that out anyway.
 
Last edited:
Why didn't you just unscrew it ? You could've damaged the case like that. And case modding is all about detail for me ;)

Because that whole tray will be removed anyway. I have a donor case that is about to transplant a whole new tray in.

Yes, we did damage it, but so what?
 
Because that whole tray will be removed anyway. I have a donor case that is about to transplant a whole new tray in.

Yes, we did damage it, but so what?

I didn't knew that :p
 
Eh, that's cool. The thing actually worked, but it's completely worthless so we let Jake have at it. I'll be sure to bring my screwdrivers next time.
 
Heh! Sorry it was kinda bouncing around. :O I was filming on the edge on top of the table. :O Yeah! It was awesomeness! :D
 
I second this. Never built a computer, so Im in it for gore. I didnt know what a case mod was until I watched your video.

Oh my, you watched the wrong video then. Go watch the Project Kari videos. This mod hasn't really gotten underway very well yet.

There was blood, but you didn't see it. Jake got cut three times, and two of them are deep. The case has blood all over it.
 
That some kind of dark ritual before modding? Never applied blood to a rig before building before... that help the overclocking?
 
Back
Top