need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruthless

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
3,464
Hey guys,
I'm from the cs:s division but i have a slight problem.
I own DoD:s but, i can't run it.
This is becuase it laggs very bad on any server and i've tried turning down the graphics and everything but idk.
I think it has to do with my video or graphics card or whatever u want to call it haha i don't know im not smart with computers.
I would like to test out DoD:s so if there is a certain like thing i need to upgrade to can somebody please tell me what it is or try and help me out please.
Thanks, ?pistols :D
 
Hi Ruthless,

I think we'd need a little more information from you to help first.

DOD:S does run the Orange engine which is an improvement over CS:S I believe. Then again, I could be wrong because I'm not a games engine expert. But that's what I understand at least.

I'll assume that you've tried to turn down all settings to bare minimum specifications on DOD:S and then try amping them up one at a time until you find your lag kicking in? If not, start there...that can often identify your bottleneck.

Also, make sure all your device drivers are up to date and current, particularly your video card.

Give us a little more information regarding specs and such and maybe we can give you better advice.
 
its not that is his problem. its most likely his video card cant handle even the lowest stress setting, so what video card are you using, if you dont have atleast a 6000 series or higher the game most likely wont work., :( so better your chances is by a new 1 :)

sorry hope that helps :)
 
Aight.. maybe your drivers are to old...

First of all i must know what Graphic card you have, if its NviDia. Go to www.nvidia.com and get newest driver. * IF YOU ALREADY HAVENT IT * ,
if u have ATi, try http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx to get some drivers there if you have ATi.

Or you can follow this link
DIRECT X UPDATE
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

and update you direct x, Thats what i did on my old computer with geforce 7600 GS, it seemed to work.

But i guess you already have everything updated,
 
Last edited:
Can you describe the lag you are getting? Rubberbanding? Animation stays, ppl freeze, etc.
 
well, i have a nvidia 6150 le or whatever haha and the lag im getting is like everything moving reallly slow motion and stuff
 
You've got a few options:

1) Go buy a new videocard. To me, this is the last resort, not the first. There's no guarantees you aren't experiencing other problems that are easily fixed and this is the most expensive option short of buying a new computer.

2) Go thru, inventory your system (BIOS, video drivers, sound drivers, network drivers, Windows DirectX updates, etc.) and make sure everything is current. I've found just doing minor driver updates (for free!) has fixed 99% of my gaming issues. This would be my first choice.

3) AFTER ensuring all drivers are current, go into the DOD:S game settings and turn everything way, way down to bare minimums. Even resolution. Then slowly, one setting at at time, amp them up until the lagging starts to appear again. This lets you isolate what setting(s) are causing the lag. You may find that it's something you can live without, like decals or something kinda worthless.

Oh and as a plug for Edge Gamers, pop a few bucks into the donations kitty this month.....earn a chance to win a new gaming laptop. That could solve all the above and you get your good-deed-for-the-day award to boot! :D
 
in dod:s is not lag is run gooooood :) but in CS:S i drop to play it. is lagging so much.
 
You've got a few options:

1) Go buy a new videocard. To me, this is the last resort, not the first. There's no guarantees you aren't experiencing other problems that are easily fixed and this is the most expensive option short of buying a new computer.

2) Go thru, inventory your system (BIOS, video drivers, sound drivers, network drivers, Windows DirectX updates, etc.) and make sure everything is current. I've found just doing minor driver updates (for free!) has fixed 99% of my gaming issues. This would be my first choice.

3) AFTER ensuring all drivers are current, go into the DOD:S game settings and turn everything way, way down to bare minimums. Even resolution. Then slowly, one setting at at time, amp them up until the lagging starts to appear again. This lets you isolate what setting(s) are causing the lag. You may find that it's something you can live without, like decals or something kinda worthless.

Oh and as a plug for Edge Gamers, pop a few bucks into the donations kitty this month.....earn a chance to win a new gaming laptop. That could solve all the above and you get your good-deed-for-the-day award to boot! :D


Thanks for the help man i appreciate it :]
 
I found at first I needed more ram now I have 4g and it runs sweet. I also know very little about computers.
I SURVIVED LONDON BLITZ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top