lack of calendar events for DOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Librarian

Active Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
261
I've been noticing that TF2 has been having more and more events every week. We only have "kalt assault" every week. Now when the houses were still operating there were a lot more events since each house took care of their own map, but now we have 1 only. I'm just wondering if we can get some more going. I think it would bring more people back to the game (myself included) and spice up our servers some more.
 
yeah, not enough events. i think we should have at least one event per map every once in a while. let the public join if member dont fill the slots. with the houses we had more scrims. the hellhounds srims were filled with mostly ego members. we need more events. i would be willing to help organize some.
 
I think global events would be fun, it would also bring people from their "home" servers to other ones, I play all eGO servers but on every server its same crowd that I never see on other servers
 
i think the thing is...whenever events are scheduled...as hyped as they may be....servers arent ever full
 
I'd love it if there were more events!I would totally attend as many as i can. My home server is AVA tho
 
e vs eG
misc class vs class
royal rumble
or other variations
road trips were always fun too. Just something to get the DOD division running full steam again.
 
Agreed, it seems DoD division has some lack of fun activities. Other than the normal maps themselves ofc.
 
theres always an event going on in kalt whenever im on
the server automatically makes it so bullets gravitate towards my head
and my own gun shoots blanks
i think its called shoot rubber until he gets angry and leaves
happening randomly!
 
I think that this is a great idea !!! However, remember that holding events creats alot of work and all events are supported by dedicated individuals who ensure the event is managed and happens consistently. To move forward we need to do the following. Define, recieve buy in from DL's Advisors and Council, Coordinate and execute. The who, what and where.

Define the event and its hook. Kalt Assaults hook is support and assault etc basically no rifle.

The time the event will take place. Its good to hold it when the map seems to lull but at a reasonable time.

Here are some of my ideas...


Flash ------> Flash Rifle Rage.. Rifle only 1 hr event.

Avalanche-----> Secondary weapons war cry. Secondary weapons 1 hr event.

Donner-----> ???

Strand -----> ????
 
Scorpion Knight.. I like those ideas. But i have doubts that they wont be popular. What if some out of towners joins and they really whant to use a rocket! they will most likely leave, or they hate the riflle! or something
 
I agree with the "More events" and we do have to realize that the one's who did the events moved on or is busy. So how does the EVENTS work?? Can any =eGO= plan one??

I myself had an idea..... Don't know if anyone cares to hear but hear it goes

I can't remember the MAP but we could figure that out. (It has a bridge in the middle you cap, and the only route to the enemy.


My plan would be

2 ADMINS willing to watch the game and keep an eye out and start the match of course

5 peeps per team with Knifes/Shovels (ONLY knifes/Shovels, they must cap flags, and can go anywhere including spawn)

1 sniper per team (Sniper can only stay in spawn area and can only use his SNIPER Weapon or knife/Shovel, can't cap flags)

1 Assualt per team (He can only fight his way across the bridge with PISTOL/knifes/Shovels/Nades, and only can use the knife/Shovel on the Sniper,and can go anywhere including spawn can't cap flags)


of course this came at the top of my head and maybe some others might find some other steps to this.

I think it might be fun to give it a go, let me know what you guys think

This is of course for only =eGO= need the server passworded and looks like the private servers is always empty.

Would not work with the public unless we can really control them

TAZ

P.S I Know gungames can be fun, but I was thinking in the lines of something new that hasn't been done.
 
Last edited:
Th event would only last an hour and I suppose some people would leave. I am framing my thoughts arond the Kalt Assault type of event. This event levels the playing field for assault and support players. Ive been to it and its a blast. Just brainstorming. !!!
 
I think for eGO only events it would be fun to setup and play anzio, colmar, jagd maps that we do not play that often,

Colmar Explosion Mondays ?
Got Jagd Thursdays?
Bridge vs. Church Anzio ?
 
Exactly, get some more variation. Possibly see if we can find maps that get more life then the ones we struggle to fill normally. I miss Anzio, Colmar, Argentan to just name the stock ones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top