lack of calendar events for DOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. or change strand server over to random maps would be more fun to play i like the random kind of maps not knowing whats next :)
 
or the sabotage maps once in awhile would be cool too. Kalt assault is usually full so why not have other events? I remember some peeps talking about shovels, knives, fists etc. dueling pistols?
 
lol. or change strand server over to random maps would be more fun to play i like the random kind of maps not knowing whats next :)

Strand is one of the maps that is almost always full so lets keep strand!
 
You know I have to be honest. =(e)=™Waffleman, =(e)=™DarkNacho, and I like to sometimes go on a private server and try different things. We've done Secondary weapons only, grenades, sniper rifle with no scope, mg with no stability, pistol duels, I have to say the secondary's, the grenades, and the pistol ones were great, the sniper and mg ones were the funniest lol. So it would be great to see some of those things done.
 
we definetly have some great ideas but question is who do we need to win over with our ideas to make it happen?

I could posibbly provide a server for eGO to use for special events, I am not sure how my much resources server needs so I don't know if I could have it run 24/7 but if it doesnt use too much then yeah it could be 24/7

So who decides on this stuff and if somebody can let me know how much server resources are needed?

All my servers are:

Dual Core Intel? Xeon? 5130, 4MB Cache, 2.00GHz, 1333MHz FSB
4GB, DDR2,
Fedoracore/Debian, Standard x64 Edition
Integrated SAS/SATA RAID 1
250GB, SATA Universal, 3.5-inch, 7.2K RPM Hard Drive
250GB, SATA Universal, 3.5-inch, 7.2K RPM Hard Drive

in a datacenter either in Philly or Pittsburg.
 
Sounds like we do need more events, but who is going to lead the way??

I would say only events for =eGO= members, so we can password it and have it more organized so the FUN is not ruined by a drop in who don't care about FUN :)

As for servers not being FULL, not all servers can be full but I don't know what time you guys play but when I am on the FIVE servers I have on my list are always FULL or at 25/32 I have seen it once go down to 22/32. So no problem with getting peeps into the server.

I noticed our private server is always at 0 so why couldn't we set up some events on that server and try out some new versions..... maybe if we use our heads we could actually be known around the globe and start having servers for the puplic that would be like... =eGO= mania.... =eGO= house of death...=eGO= Pain and game.....stuff like that (But funny lol)

If we have a conflict with the Private server eg ADMIN school needs to hold a class, then Admin School takes over. But no sense having a server at 0 90% of the time :)

SO start thinking up games and names and maybe the big wigs will say HEY sounds great, lets roll with it and see where it takes us :)


TAZ OUT
 
/\
l
l
l
l
l

BOY he talks alot



P.S It's nice to see others wanting to get more events, I think it will help =eGO= (My two cents) Oh I appoligize to our Forum friends, if you are a regular on the forums I have no problem in letting you join in the fun :)
 
I really like the idea of events for our clan. Getting us together and "going out and doing something" is a great way to have fun and get to know each other better.

I'm sure a pile of us have played "GunGame", how about running that on our private server for an hour or two?

The guys over at LIGS have a 24/7 Gungame server that I waste time in whenever I'm waiting to get into one of our servers.

The basic idea is that everyone on both teams starts with a Tommygun, after 1 kill you move up to a MP40, then the broomhandle, then the carbine.. etc...etc..etc. You've only ever got the main weapon + a shovel. First guy to get a kill with each weapon wins.

It's good lighthearted fun, esp with FF on (so you lose levels if you TK), and a good rotation of small custom maps keeps it interesting and different every round.
 
Everyone is right to say that DOD is lacking events. I'll bring this up and try to resolve this shortly.

Could you all give me some input within this thread of event ideas into ONE reply and edit that reply if needed?

I would like to start next month with ATLEAST 1 more event each week and hopfully create some more as the ideas and volunteers emerge.
 
leadership versus members
e versus eg, eg versus ego, e versus ego
only a certain class (snipers only, only pistols)
wacky event (fly around the map, blow up people, freeze people in one place)
bounty of the week on a certain player (have a reward)
different map per week event (not one of the 24/7 maps)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top