Vote for valve! Click link, press "Valve" and submit

I'm getting bothered by the fact that Turbine is maintaining this perfect 20-40 lead over Valve no matter what. Reaks of rigged, especially when Valve sounds like it'd be the clear winner. I know Turbine has some decent MMO's, but they're hardly WoW-sized. And Valve has the greatest games/content delivery system that reaches countless gamers, as well, so fanbase isn't as big of an issue. Plus, seriously...20-40, no matter what, no deviance it all. Statistically highly improbable. Also, what's with Rockstar just getting OWNED over there? They've got decent competition in BioWare, but come on, Rockstar is ginormous.
 
I'm getting bothered by the fact that Turbine is maintaining this perfect 20-40 lead over Valve no matter what. Reaks of rigged, especially when Valve sounds like it'd be the clear winner. I know Turbine has some decent MMO's, but they're hardly WoW-sized. And Valve has the greatest games/content delivery system that reaches countless gamers, as well, so fanbase isn't as big of an issue. Plus, seriously...20-40, no matter what, no deviance it all. Statistically highly improbable. Also, what's with Rockstar just getting OWNED over there? They've got decent competition in BioWare, but come on, Rockstar is ginormous.

Yeah, that's what im thinking.. the only active game right now is LOTRO and it only has like 400k subs. Not really sure if people are still fanbois of asherons call or what but I really doubt it should be that far ahead of valve.
 
Plus, motive is important, as I've learned in all those detective drama shows.

Escapist has a LOT to gain in advertising revenue and spreading their name by forging "close battles" that will draw out all the fan boys to try to turn the tide of the battle to their favorite games' devs. Make all the giant companies clash in close battles and everyone will want to get involved...just like we all have.
 
there is too much real world in this discussion now... :-/

edit: meaning disillusionment about advertising trumping voting and contests
 
Oh oh, Valve has taken a narrow lead! What a shocker! Of course they want the bigger, more popular company to win, so there can be a clash of the titans that REALLY draws out all the fanboys to their site. ;)

Sorry for the disillusionment! :P
 
Valve lost. Why not just make Nintendo lose, then with Rockstar they would complete the "these 3 never should have lost trifecta."
 
I'm getting bothered by the fact that Turbine is maintaining this perfect 20-40 lead over Valve no matter what. Reaks of rigged, especially when Valve sounds like it'd be the clear winner. I know Turbine has some decent MMO's, but they're hardly WoW-sized. And Valve has the greatest games/content delivery system that reaches countless gamers, as well, so fanbase isn't as big of an issue. Plus, seriously...20-40, no matter what, no deviance it all. Statistically highly improbable. Also, what's with Rockstar just getting OWNED over there? They've got decent competition in BioWare, but come on, Rockstar is ginormous.

Just one man's opinion, but I voted Bioware. Next round I'm going Nintendo/Bioware, and if they both go on totally Nintendo (not that anybody's terribly interested in what I vote for, just felt like announcing my opinion of these companies :P)
 
There's no way Turbine should have won logically. Significantly more people play Valve games than people play DDO and LotRO, which are neither that great nor large in the grand scheme of MMOs.

I'm on the side of the conspiracy theorists. There's no way Relic should even be up there after the attrocity that is Dawn of War 2: This Time It's Really Just Company of Heroes.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top