RocketDock

Do you think RocketDock is good?


  • Total voters
    56

DeathShot

EGO Addict
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
1,325
It's a system that's FREE where you can store things/programs/setting/etc. onto a little dock-like set-up I guess, and it's pretty cool! I just got it off of this site:

- http://rocketdock.com/ -

And yet, already it's helping me, so when like I'm browsing the web and I want to play L4D or CS:S, all I have to do is lick on the side! In my opinion it's VERY cool. Tell me what you guys think in the poll!! Well, have fun using it guys!! I hope it helps you stay organized as well as it did me!!


Also, they have countless add-ons that can be found here!!

- http://rocketdock.com/addons/all/popular -


Credit to R. Kitten for showing the link in his eGO desktop forum

- http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70322 -

Which, I am as well, using his desktop :P


PS. If you like his desktops, why not use one and show your great pride for eGO!!



UPDATE: And for all of you that are voting in the poll "What is RocketDock??" Before I put in all of the info, that's fine, but if I see anymore people voting on that Ima get mad!! :facewall: :cursing:



Complete Description

What is it?

RocketDock is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization. With each item completely customizable there is no end to what you can add and launch from the dock.

Now with added Taskbar support your minimized windows can appear as icons on the dock. This allows for better productivity and accessibility.


_________________________________________________________________________________




Features:

* Minimize windows to the dock
* Real-time window previews in Vista
* Running application indicators
* Simple drag-n-drop interface
* Multi-monitor support
* Supports alpha-blended PNG and ICO icons
* Icons zoom and transition smoothly
* Auto-hide and Popup on mouse over
* Positioning and layering options
* Fully customizable
* Completely Portable
* ObjectDock Docklet support
* Compatible with MobyDock, ObjectDock, RK Launcher, and Y'z Dock skins
* Runs great on slower computers
* Unicode compliant
* Supports many languages and can easily be translated
* A friendly user base :)
* And best of all... its FREE!!!




_________________________________________________________________________________







Tutorial Video:


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZtWPC9xQKA[/ame]





_________________________________________________________________________________





Basics on RocketDock:





[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6UVb15it6A[/ame]







_________________________________________________________________________________






And for anyone else that sees a video that would help describe RocketDock clearer, just PM it to me, do NOT post it in your own post!



- In the future I may edit my post here and there like with the videos. So please remeber to always check this first new post for more news on RocketDock!!


The Latest Version of RocketDock Is Now Version...

- 1.3.5 (6.20 MB) -

Which Can Be found Here!!

- [I]http://rocketdock.com/download[/I] -



Enjoy!!

>DeathShot<
 
Last edited:
It's basically the mac look-a-like ...
 
I love my rocketdock...lets me get to my icons without minimizing windows.
 
I use ObjectDock, but if you'd rather use something that's free, RocketDock is a good alternative.
 
I don't like it because it uses up too much resource for my liking. Need all of my power for gaming.
 
RocketDock = Pure win

I have ZERO desktop icons. So pretty looking.

Also I have all kinds of custom icons to make em look super sexy with my glossy LCD widescreen.
 
Just get a mac if you want the dock...
We have desktop shortcuts for a reason :)
 
RocketDock = Pure win

I have ZERO desktop icons. So pretty looking.

Also I have all kinds of custom icons to make em look super sexy with my glossy LCD widescreen.

That makes no sense at all... Most people use the RocketDock to fake the mac... Have you ever seen a mac with 0 desktop icons ?

Point taken.
 
RocketDock = Pure win

I have ZERO desktop icons. So pretty looking.

Also I have all kinds of custom icons to make em look super sexy with my glossy LCD widescreen.


Really? Because it wont let me get rid of my Recycle Bin icon :angry: So I'm trying to figure out a way to delete the icon somehow since when I right click it wont give me the option to delete it... =(
 
Really? Because it wont let me get rid of my Recycle Bin icon :angry: So I'm trying to figure out a way to delete the icon somehow since when I right click it wont give me the option to delete it... =(

Right Click Desktop > Arrange Icons By > Uncheck Show Desktop Icons. In XP anyway. Vista you're on your own ;)
 
I love my rocketdock...lets me get to my icons without minimizing windows.

If you really don't want to minimize, use Launchy. I use Launchy and Rocketdock.

From the website:

Launchy is a free windows and linux utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager. Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes!
 
Thanks Mr. Cool! All done now =) No more desktop icons!! YAY!!


Mr. Cool... I'm sorry, but double post = FAIL
 
Come one guys!! Keep posting your pros and cons that are about this dock or others!! And remember, enjoy the Dock!!
 
BUMP (Triple post -_-)


Come on guys!! Post your opinions!!
 
Last edited:
For vista. If it was for XP, I would say "Yes!!!!!!"

As to the desktops, I am starting to work on a desktop, I will put it up for people. Maybe I will make a desktop shop ^_^
 
Back
Top