NEW EVENT: Use It or Lose It

Tattis

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,038
On Monday (4/13), we'll be trying out a new event: Use It or Lose It.

The basic idea of this event is to give people more of a say in which maps we use for future events. It will consist of running three or four maps during the hour (this will depend on the size of the maps are run). This will be your time to evaluate the maps. We obviously want you to play on the maps and have fun, but we also want you to be taking note of if they are maps you'd like to play on more often.

After the event is over, there will be a thread here with a poll asking for feedback. Vote on which map you'd most like to see again. The winner will become a map we'll start using on events (possibly even having something like a Friday Night Fight just using that particular map).

This is sort of an experimental event. There are no guarantees we'll keep running it (and things may change depending on how this one runs), but the hope is that it'll be successful and we'll have a way for people to have more input on which maps we use during events.
 
Last edited:
The only problem I see will be the download time. So I would suggest that everybody d/l the maps when Tattis posts them.
 
huh, I was wondering, why don't we get some of the eGO mappers to whip up a map for events only. That way the community could constantly post feedback.
 
I think I played happy farm awhile back but it was a pl map and the bomb was a cow.

I think pl_frontier will be my number one out of all three, but you never know it could change.
 
Sweet that sounds like a lot of fun! Sad b/c I have a rehearsal tomorrow night! Happy b/c its the last one and I will be at every event after Monday!!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top