Some TF2 Statistics

If by farming you mean went to an achievement server; no, not me.
If by farming you mean played the game in such a way to make certain events more likely, such as hanging out in the water on 2Forts to get your Crazy Ivan; then yes.

Honestly, most weren't that hard. You just had to wait for the right moment. The Got a Light is easy if you spy-check everything: sentry guns, people still in spawn room, everything. Light enough stuff on fire and you get a taunting spy eventually. It helps if Jehuty is around :)
 
I loved the maps that showed where most people die on each map. Bright colors = interesting.
 
I was looking at the TF2 web page, and I looked at the stats they put up. I use a funny sort of logic working out how many people farmed.
http://steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php
Some of the things I found:

70% have less than 1000 total kills.
60% have not won 20 games.
40% of players haven't had five kills without dying. (I still don't understand these)

25% have pyro milestone 1
23% have 2
20% have 3

22% have medic milestone 1
18% have 2
14% have 3

20% have heavy milestone 1
17% have 2
13% have 3

10% have scout milestone 1
9% have 2
7% have 3

only 1.3% have "A year to remember" (2004 kills w/ scout) - the least achieved single achievement.

Division of Labor
Kill 20 enemies with a Medic assisting you, where neither of you die. 9.7% achieved. Hats off to those who got this one fairly.

Doctoring the Ball
Kill 3 enemies while under the effects of a Medic's ?berCharge. 3.8% achieved. You must have drugged the medic with his own medicine (or farmed)

You'll Feel a Little Prick
Assist in killing 3 enemies with a single ?berCharge on a Scout. 9.3% achieved. SRSLY? YOU UBERED A SCOUT?

Got A Light?
Ignite an enemy Spy while he's flicking a cigarette. 10.8% achieved. I will give you 1000 gold ingots (12"x4"x3") if you can proove this happened in a normal game. Probably the most convincing stat for it's cause.

A maximum of 6% obtained the ubersaw when the medic pack was first released, a reward for all medic achievements (only possible by farming) Since lowering the barrier, 14% have it.

So we have at least 6% of people practically guaranteed to have farmed the original medic pack.
10-13% farmed the heavy pack.
4-7% farmed scout pack.
9-14% farmed medic pack.
11-20% farmed pyro pack.

Draw your own conclusions from other stats if you want and post! I expect to be contradicted, so in advance, I will say, "Yeah, well at least I have 2004 kills as scout. Odds are, you don't have a 5 long kill streak."

I love stats, they are so refreshing.
Personaly I never farmed and have all achievements, about the "Got a light" - got it on round win, happened to jump a taunting spy. Also, I never liked that they lowered the barrier for all unlocks, makes it feel less like an unlock that is earned and more like "that thing you will get in 24 hours of update"
 

Latest posts

Back
Top