Why did you choose your ingame name?

the way i got my name is a funny (and stupid) story :P One day about 4 years ago after Need for Speed: Most Wanted came out i bought it for the PS:2. Ah that game was great. So in order to make saves and such you had to have a nickname, so i thought to myself "hmmm what name sounds like im leaving them in the dust and they aint got no game" so i thought for about three seconds and was like "BOOMSTER!". Then after 2 years of leaving that name behind in that game, i got a 360 and had to make a cool gamertag, so i thought to way back when and changed my name a little so it flowed better to Boomsta, and yeah... thats how i got my name :D used it ever since
 
No bets for where mine came from :D

But outside of the gaming world my actual nickname among friends (and some family) is Dobby due to my surname being almost like it.
Dobbeh was used instead this time round due to one of my London friends pronouncing it that way.
 
well both of my game tags are song names the one i use here BulletsInTheFire is a Rusted Root song and my other tag PasserBy is a Dispatch song.
 
It R My name...

(*backwards atleast)

Other than the different clans I have been in, mine has ALWAYS been "Cranbarry" - in one form or another... ||EASY||Cranbarry, Cranbarry[5.0]....

So, if you see "Cranbarry" somewhere - its most likely me - other than the website cranbarrydotcom (Its owned by some soccer sports clothing store or something)...
 
Well.. I chose my name (Tikeraaq) when i was in greenland first time, where i got some friends who called me Tikeraaq, and the told me it means "The Tourist".
I like it.. Cuz, the tourist is a person who is coming and going, and not grounded in one place... like a kind of freedom<3

>_< Over And Out
 
My dad gave me it as a nickname because I could crash any Win 98 pc in a matter of minutes. So even though the motherboard had nothing to do it he called me mobomelter and it stuck ever since.
 
Well my first tag was FlshBng for BF2142 (Anyone still play that game? Are the servers still even up?) and it seemed people realised it was FlashBang without the vowels. Untill I started playing TF2, and people for some reason thought it was FishBong or some other weird variant; comment on the intelligence of the TF2 community, or my own attempt at 1337 speak failing you decide :)

So I put my likes into a box, and physics game out near the top. Having recently read an article in New Scientist about superconductivity, I thought why not - RoomTempSuperConductor, though clever is too long for people to yell over a mic when a spy is behind me.

@ mobomelter nice story, we should play again sometime ;)
 
Originally, My name was Sharpshooter. That was back when I used to play COD2. And actually, Even before that. That's just the first time I remember it. I was called Sharpshooter, Cause, Well, I was amazing at Sniper. At least in COD2.

The Name "Sharpe" Came a few years ago when I was playing Halo 1. As we all know, Sharpshooter is now a VERY common online name. I decided to change it. One of my friends suggested I change it to Sharp. Then I thought, Hmm. It looks a lot cooler with an "e". So the Name Sharpe was born. Before I made that name I have NEVER seen it before. Now, Times are different I suppose. Now A ton of people have something like "Sharp303" Or "Sharpe3067"

Just remember, I was the first, and Only TRUE Sharpe. It was my name first!

Now Sharpshooter I can understand. Since that's a medal you can get in the Military. My dad actually got it, Which is why I also used it. That's why you see it commonly used, In case your wondering.
 
I choose mine right off the top of my head. Pretty sure I made it in another game some time ago. It would be only recently that I learned that "Andalis" is an actual surname, whodathunkit.
 
For those who remember Pogs and Slammers I had one that was "The Blooming Idiot" and had a picture of, well, an Idiot with a daisy blooming on top of his head.

When I was going through them feeling a little nostalgic years after they went out I came across it again and changed my name to that.
 
I used to be "carsonauto" for EVERYTHING, (My names Carson, and Ive always had a love of cars, so it sort of worked).

Then when I was around 12 I actually won $120 on a straight flush with some friends. Plus poker was crazy popular around that time, so I changed it to Flush cause it sounds a bit cooler :P
 
This is my story
It all started when i first got gmod. I was playing and then i joined my first server. When i did everyone jailed me till i changed my name from mingebag to something else. MY PALMS WERE SWEATING MY HEAD WAS ACHING I REACHED FOR MY GLASS TO DRINK ANOTHER SIP OF ORANGE JUICE. then i thought hm orange juice SO I TRIED OUT FIRST WITH JUICE which wasent as epic as you know ORANGE JUICE so i changed it to orange juice and the epic name goes through out the world :D thank you for listening to my life story i appreciate that
 
i really dont know why i chose mine this was the first thing that came to my mind and i had just watched the movie so ya
 
When I joined my first Insurgency server, I wanted to change my name from the default Grunt....so i picked something off of my head.
 
Well I started using Focus as a competitive name when I was competing for CoD4. So I chose to bring it over to CS:S, because my old name was getting kinda old.
 
Alirght so in high school i was a member of our agriculture Milk and cheese judging group, yes I'm a redneck. (Oh yeah we made it to State semi finals)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top