Cod5 solo/coop Freezes

5starGeneralAlphaSnake

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,272
When i accept a friend invite the game freezes.
When i try to join a server it doesnt work.
When i play solo it takes 3 minutes to load the solo.

I tried safe mode not work
 
is your video drivers and sound card drivers up-to-date?
 
Does the same thing to me too.

Only fix is to go to /main/video and remove all video files besides default.bik
 
I've think I've stumbled onto anther answer. Seems like this person has a theory on the GPU themp. and it fixed his/her's problem. Here's a quote:
im have an gfx card evga gt 260 ssc (factory o.c.) i have now testing the temperature this was on the freezing moment by 75?C so i'm setting the fan control to manual. i get now 55-60?C constantly by middle FAN speed..... and the game RUNS!! yeah! and could play multiplayer for more than 1,30 H i think it could be the solve. but game like dead space with full setting and resolution runs without probs... with 75?C temperature.... damned...

CPU Temperature is constantly by 55?C ( Using 2 Threads between 60 - 80% CPU time)
damned the other 2 cores sleeping ...=)

i try it longer and paste my results tomorrow =) but i think the temperature of the GPU it could be the problem =) and an defect temperature auto-control??
Here's the website if you want to see the rest: http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28692
yes: I know that Infinity Ward is saying it, not from Treyarch.
 
Back
Top