Warpathians - Fight or Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now wait just a second; I need some clarification.

From gametracker...

#151. Blackmesa -- Average (past month): 15.5

#154. Warpath -- Average (past month): 16.6


Now, I don't really understand how gametracker does it's ratings, as a higher ranked server has a lower average. But Blackmesa still only outranks Warpath by 3 -- which is next to nothing, and, according to gametracker(Of course, I have no idea how accurate it really is), is generally more populated than Blackmesa.

So, I'm just wondering where the TF2 Leadership gets their statistics(a more reliable/accurate source than gametracker?), or how they came to the conclusion that Warpath in particular needs to step it up. I am in no way 'challenging' leadership, I have full faith that they're just doing what they feel is best for the division, I would just like some clarification or some more information.

First i have to agree with this statement. That i dont see how Blackmesa can have a higher rating which makes me doubt Gametrackers stats database. I mean comon i almost always see blackmesa not full. With warpath if i try to get on anytime between 6- 10 pm MST i have to wait in line, sometimes more then 10-15 of waiting. Granted it has gone down a little bit recenlty but still i dont see how those kindof waiting times can relate to that low of a ranking on Gametracker. ok with that said since is mainly my reason for being here at EGO i will be sure to do all i can to get this servers rank up in due time.
 
I must say I feel that the reason warpath has allot less users has more to do with the constant lag spikes and disconnections from the server then the map itself. It gets extremely old playing on a server when the server lags for 5-30 seconds and this has been happening more and more over the last few months. Changing the map is not going to fix these problems, it will take dealing with the lag problems to get the map and server back to where it use to be.

And before someone blames my connection, when the lag spikes happen everyone on the server complains about it and depending on how bad it is everyone on the server may get disconnected.
 
Oh joy. There's now a password on Warpath.

I guess this means the server got the axe?

15 minutes after the Steam announcement, >:(
 
Last edited:
Warpath is one of my favorite maps, if my hard drive didnt die 3 weeks ago, i'll probably play Warpath for hours... XP
 
I am always in warpath. It's great and there are a load of regulars who get together and play there. Some of them play warpath and that map only constantly on that particular server. Whenever there is a small game going I stop in we just get the server started up for the day, and people always fill it up within 20 minutes of playing. I never knew the server even had a traffic problem, it's almost always full when I join, sometimes I even have to wait a while to get in..
 
this is blowing my mind just a bit. my favorite server, by far my most played, and one which is consistently full during my optimum playing hours 7 pm to 4 am est. are these the only hours it sees action? i generally have to use autojoin to get in any time later in the evening.
 
I'm going to presume that the traffic problem is more in the mornings. I often play in the mornings for an hour or less before going to class. Often I want to play warpath, but it is either empty, or the two players that are actually playing are just meleeing. I don't really want to spend the only hour I have just playing melee with 2 other people. This in mind, we as a clan really need to focus on getting the servers up and going as early as possible. My morning tf2 is usually just an effort to get a server population up and running. But hey, I like connecting to a server with 8 players and not leaving until it has 32.

SO I BEG OF YOU.

PLAY WARPATH IN THE MORNINGS!
 
Warpath as a map is fun in a pinch if another server I want to get in is full, but its basically a slaughter map. Not to say that isn't a good deal, but it IS repetitive.

Now I know that this thread is not to compare the thorns and roses of Warpath, but rather to energize the hardcore Warpathians and to galvanize the rest of eGO TF2 players into getting this server back up on top; therefore I will only say that nobody in eGO likes to lose a server due to low rankings, especially an old favorite like Warpath. (Which if I remember correctly has been around for almost a year)

Lets get back in the action and keep that server full. All day, everyday.
 
May I ask, did the server rankings fall after you brought in cp_warpath_u4 or whatever it was, cos people may like the original better than that, a similar story to mesa.
 
yes, steve will make it into the water

~D
What about Mrs. Steve?! :O
You know, he gets lonely down there. :(

Edit: What COULD be the problem is that people are trying to focus on getting Valve Maps and PL up there, while warpath is falling. It's gonna be difficult to keep the high ranked servers up there, while raising the lower ranked ones. But I'm sure we can do it.
 
Last edited:
Can anyone post announcements in the eGO TF2 group, or only admins?
 
Well then, admins - get the message out! I've seen multiple announcements that certain servers need filling, and typically listen to them. It works
 
Yeah i would have to agree that i see admin notes saying to fill certain servers all the time, how about we get some of those for warpath?

also, if you never have played it i recommend it, its a GREAT map, and a lot of GREAT players play there...
 
I must say I feel that the reason warpath has allot less users has more to do with the constant lag spikes and disconnections from the server then the map itself. It gets extremely old playing on a server when the server lags for 5-30 seconds and this has been happening more and more over the last few months. Changing the map is not going to fix these problems, it will take dealing with the lag problems to get the map and server back to where it use to be.

And before someone blames my connection, when the lag spikes happen everyone on the server complains about it and depending on how bad it is everyone on the server may get disconnected.


Zippo speaks the truth, Warpath is chopped full of lag. I have yet to go a day of gaming on there for over 2 hours w/o server wide lag. It isn't because the map or the lack of interest in it; it is because every ten minutes you stop in your tracks and end up dead.

I guess we haven't been badgering this enoguh to get it fix. Ever since we've switched tot he new box for WP has sucked!! SUCKED!!( the lag that is) I love the map, but ridiculous lag every 10 minutes doesn't hold the interest of pubs.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top