Unbind a key

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Source based games, open up the developer console and type in the following:

unbind <key>

Example: unbind A
 
I tried unbind ~ but it doesn't work. I binded this key [~] to bring up my admin menu when i had a server of my own, when i press the key it sends a admin all chat message with the word menu in it. I did the unbind all, big mistake i lost all controls for tf2 [unexpected] and all my admin bind keys [expected] except for the one i wanted to. Go figure:facewall:
I put my controls and admin keys back but now i can't close the admin menu using 0. Can't figure that one out. 0 will not close it.:chair:
My last resort will be to reinstall tf2 and hope that takes care of everything.
 
The correct way to do it would be:

unbind "`"

Source: Team Fortress 2 config.cfg

Do you mean with " " or just the key without pressing shift?

I tried with " " without and shift no shift nothing works.
 
Last edited:
Use another key. You enabled console though advanced options, which might reserve this key for console only. Why would you bind ~ to anything? Leave that for console. Use F1 for admin menu.
 
Uhh, it probably lost the slot# binds that key through menus like that. I could be wrong, but I think you want: bind "0" "slot0"
That should do it, I believe.
 
The correct syntax is unbind "`", but unbind ` should work. However, you'll also have to go into your config.cfg and delete the bind for `. If you don't want to play around with the config file, there's two options. The first would be bind ` to something else, like the console; bind "`" "toggleconsole". The second option is to unbind the key, leave the server, rejoin, and unbind the key again. Keybinds are stored in config.cfg and this file is executed everytime you join a server. Changing a keybind writes the new bind to config.cfg so the next time you join a server the bind is there. However, there's some glitch with unbinding keys where sometimes it takes a couple of trials before it finally overwrites the bind in config.cfg.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top