Scam

ToiletPastries

EGO Zealot
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
1,797
Hey guys. Just thought I'd let you know there's a scam going around asking people to join a steam group. I lost my account to it and have to report it to leadership.

Don't click any links I might send you.
 
OK. I managed to get my account back since I was quick enough to change all of my passwords related to my name.

Don't click any links that ask you to join a Steam group.

e member, mbeaty, has been sending this link to all his friends. I'm assuming it consists of eGO members.
 
mbeaty: Hey can you join my steamgroup?

I clicked on the link. The site looked legit, asked me to sign in and the URL looked legit. I didn't notice until afterwards that the URL was actually steampowered.commun1ty.com. I was quick enough to change all my info though.

So watch out. Apparently it got eG Vandall as well.
 
Yup. If anyone has me on steam; block me for the time being. I just put in a ticket to steam support. Hopefully all will be fixed.

P.S. Thank you jaxory for the help.
 
Thanks for the heads-up, guys. Vandall's on my brother's friend list, I'll take him off for the time being.
 
Your lucky it was just a phising site, a trojan or a keylogger you would pretty much be done for. But a lot of people have been hit by this outside of eGO. Had a few of my good friends accounts taken, just don't sign in to any links you get sent by other people.
 
Vandall has been sending me links on Steam, so be careful.
 
Sorry to all I sent it too I got mine from Vandall also I changed all my passwords and I put in a ticket but I'm not sure if they even work on the weekend these lazy dogs.
 
Sorry to hear that vandall, sigh....ive blocked all communications with you on steam, let me know when your back up and running. One more thing guys, im removing all my groups except the eGO ones...no offence to anyone and Im sure that I am just paranoid, but I dont want any problems in the future...and I will not be accepting any group invitations as well.
 
Last edited:
Yup. If anyone has me on steam; block me for the time being. I just put in a ticket to steam support. Hopefully all will be fixed.

P.S. Thank you jaxory for the help.

Vandall, I banned your account from our servers just to be on the safe side. When you get your account back, PM myself or any of the other TF2 leaders, and we'll get it reinstated.

A note to anyone else: If you are an eG or eGO and your account gets stolen, please let us know. The last thing we want is someone getting on our servers with admin powers and causing a huge headache.
 
Last edited:
I got hacked by one of these too but my domain was steampoweredshop.com

What a terrible world *sigh* luckily valve gave me my acc back. hope the rest of you do too
 
Vandall did was that invite really from you?

edit: nvm i didn't see the first part. glad i didn't accept the invite. was wondering why there was no reply.
 
I am only a member of 3 groups. eGO, C2T, and H&WU. The first two are mostly eGO related and the last is my group for me and my friends. I avoid other groups but will look out for any invites.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top