My New Big Screen (Pictures)

metro

Thread Junky
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
916
I recently bought an Optoma HD65 720p DLP projector. :w00t:

I just finished the final setup in my room, so here are some pictures. The screen is a 16:9 and has an 8 foot diagonal. Playing FPS games is a little disorientating at first, but I'm getting used to it. Movies are great as the projector can be upscaled to run at 1024p (but at lower refresh rate). Now all I need is a surround sound system. ;)

EDIT: I am not the best photographer. I don't think the tripod was level. Pictures of it in action added on.











Added pictures:

Oops, forgot the flash ><








 
Last edited:
Your stuff is clean man... nice work on clutter reduction... something to be real proud of.

trick, very trick !
 
Dude with your room like really nice and neat, and that projector hanging there so smoothly...
It just makes me want to have that room with that projector:laugh:
and yes I too am:
<----Jealous.
 
Quick Question:
How much did that projector cost? lol :)

I bought the projector refurbished and on sale for $550 Canadian.

The screen I made out of some black-out drapery fabric (also on sale) stretched over a frame of spruce 1x3's. Total for the screen was under $30 Canadian.
 
My dad has like 5 projectors because he needs them for his work. I used to have one and play ps2 on it a long time ago :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top