My New Big Screen (Pictures)

img1237085858143.jpg


My screen is 5 ft tall by 10 ft wide. I love it!!

Sorry for the crappy pic, stupid cell phone does crappy in the dark.

P5240067.jpg


Here is an old one when I first got it. I got the Panasonic PT900U for like $1400 when it first came out.
 
Last edited:
Is that a DLP beamer ?

edit: Now I read the thread instead of just looking at the pictures... :laugh:
 
Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase... You're gunna love it... I know I love mine. =D

If there is any advise I could give you, it would be to pick up some black velvet and baseboard to frame the the screen. It greatly improves the perceived contrast ratio, and therefore improves the perceived image quality immensely. Good luck, and have fun!
 
Last edited:
I have a projector that we take out on the boat...

we take it to an island and setup a tarp between 2 shows and have "Boat-In" theatre, instead of drive in theatre..

really fun thing to do on the waterways of the delta in california !

heh, random, but my only projector story !
 
Man i JUST put these pants on too.... gotta change em now... THANKS... JUST... THANKs!
 
wow that is epic. Its a really sweet set up. I hope you enjoy every moment of that... i know i would!

ps- nice headset i have the same one :)
 
pretty damn cool but at the same time pretty silly. theres no need for something that big except to say that you spent money on it.

-Blue
 
i have a 70" DLP TV but i cannot seem to configure my laptop to the correct resolution. do you know how? i have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M
 
pretty damn cool but at the same time pretty silly. theres no need for something that big except to say that you spent money on it.

-Blue

See its not a waste of money, its much cheaper than buying a Plasma/HDTV. Mine is LCD and HD quality.
 
Just a question. Have you encountered the so called 'rainbow effect' I've heard that's a big problem with DLP beamers..

The guess is that about 5% of people have issues with the Rainbow effect. I looked at 2X DLP projectors (the color wheels spins 2 times for every frame) and did not see any. Then I bought mine which is 4X. However, if there is light objects on a dark background and I shake my head back and forth rapidly I can see them. ;)

surely this doesnt work in daylight...?

does the room have to be blacked out?

It looks a lot better at night. I have blackout blinds in my room, but there is still some ambient light. However you can still see the image even if fairly bright situations (like the flash of a camera). Although some older (and newer) projectors aren't as bright.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top