"Cheating the System"

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Icon
  • Start date Start date
T

The Icon

Many people use cheats and hacks to obtain the unlockable and hard won items.
i was wondering if the achievement maps where there are bots that are doing the required actions to let u earn that achievement, Would that be cheating?
 
eGO doesn't care how you get your achievements as long as they aren't farmed in our servers.
 
yea i mean't like as a question, not in eGO rules.
wondering if that is cheating to everyone, because i heard that they would ban you something like that
 
When a new class pack update comes out, achievement farming is an immediate, an ievitable response. I do it too, its not un-normal. I believe that we actually opened up the fun server to clan achievement farming when the scout update came out.
 
The only form of "cheating", as you call it, was a .exe that was released that would get you all 31 achievements in roughly .02 seconds. This is the cheating Valve was referring to on their website a while back.
 
I personally think that using the bots is considered "cheating" by some....but it all depends on how you feel about it....I mean you could say why not play the game and earn it "legit".....Others could say that some of the achievements are impossible to gain on normal game play.....so it all depends on how you look at it :P
 
Not going to lie, I attempted to get the Scout stuff on an achievement farm, but it wasn't worth my time. I got all of my stuff legit.

I wouldn't say it's cheating, because if you do it like that, you can't use the items right away.
 
You know, if the past few packs are any indication, I'd suggest you do what I do: Find a good friend, maybe 2, and do it with them. Enough achievements in the last pack only required two people to do, that me and one good friend sat in a private server, farmed for 40 minutes, and voila, we both had all the weapons.

And no, I'd hardly call farming cheating, not by a longshot. Cheating is these guys who unlock the weapons through console commands and then Valve lays down the hammer on them. If Valve wanted un-farmable achievements, it'd be easy with a couple requirements:

All achievements must accomplished on Valve created maps.
All achievements must be accomplished in servers with at least XX people.

That would make it a much bigger pain to farm, but even then, it'd still be totally doable. If you consider farming a problem and cheating, better live with it, 'cause there's no solution. Just focus your efforts on keeping farmers off live eGO servers.
 
I've got a couple of friends at Uni. who play TF2 regularly, when each of the packs came out, we just hosted our own server and set about killing. The only downside i've found to it is that it messed up my stats, according to my 'best' scores, I've got 40 kills in one life as a medic...

Ooops lol
 
I do acvhiements either:

-By "farming" them with FRIENDS. It's fun, and I think Valve just wants us to have fun
-Waiting for the update farming-phase to go away, and then do them really in-game.
-Or do some with bots in my own server. The bots just sit there and do nothing, so meh.
 
I have been playing for a little over a month. I've logged about 19 hours so far and earned 22 achievments. All of them in eGO servers all of them playing the real game. So when someone flames me with the backburner or slows me with Natasha, I can sit back as I wait to respawn and think: Ahh, but did he get it the hard way or did he farm. I don't have enough achievments for a single unlockable but when I get an achievement it is a lot of fun.

I guess I'd rather be a cowboy than a sodbuster.
 
I really could care less, i farmed mine. The weapons are not upgrades they are sidegrades and might make someones playstyle better. Even though playing and getting achievements is fun.
 
Many people use cheats and hacks to obtain the unlockable and hard won items.
i was wondering if the achievement maps where there are bots that are doing the required actions to let u earn that achievement, Would that be cheating?

Its arguable. In my opinion it depends on the sort of ach server it is. If its just bots then I'd consider it cheating. If its two teams of people co-operating together to help each other earn the new unlockables then I'd say thats perfectly acceptable.
 
I've visited achievement servers to get the unlockables, just because I find no charm in playing the actual game just for the achievements, it ruins it for me. I am glad for the stats-reset button because now I can look at them - and feel proud. Before the reset I had 69 points as heavy after the heavy-update, but now they are corrected. I see nothing wrong in getting the unlockables the easy way. Some people want to test them out but they don't want to spend too much time getting them.
 
Its kind of a grey area...I mean...Some point will argue that they work/worked really hard to get the achievements, and people farming/using that .exe is unfair, as they didnt need to do anything... However's others may argue that its not FUN trying to grind for these achievements and that using maps that are set out to get these easily is so you dont have to bother, and the users of the .exe may argue..they dont have the time to sit farming or grinding for these weapons...

To be completely honest..I dont care how people get them... In the end...It's a game... in *MOST!!* cases there is nothing you can do with the new weapons that you cant do with the old..and vise versa...In the end..It's all about killing people!
 
I really dont understand cheating in anything. Why? to say or get a achievment?
I rather play the game and enjoy playing than worrie about a pointless achievment.
I enjoy all our gaming servers for the simple reason of being able to enjoy our members
and the game. i never have, never will care about an achievment. I rather spend my time enjoying game play and being apart of eGO.
Just my thoughts.
 
Well, the thing is, TF2 has like these ridiculous achievements that would be normally impossible to get: for example, how many times are you going to catch a spy flicking his cigarette in the DISGUISE CASE taunt, and also happen to be a pyro you so can light him up? Or, how many times will you uber a scout and he kills 3 people?
 
Well, the thing is, TF2 has like these ridiculous achievements that would be normally impossible to get: for example, how many times are you going to catch a spy flicking his cigarette in the DISGUISE CASE taunt, and also happen to be a pyro you so can light him up? Or, how many times will you uber a scout and he kills 3 people?

I'm nice and if a pyro is complaining about not being able to get that one, I usually let him get a free kill on me while I taunt.
 
achievement farming is no better and no worse than server seeding, one being slightly more annoying than the other :blink::blink::blink::blink:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top