"Cheating the System"

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Icon
  • Start date Start date
Honestly, people are going to achievement farm in one form or another.

I'd rather they do it on an achievement farming map than one of the normal servers where they take up valuable space.

As for the people who use the cheat programs to unlock achievements, they get caught by Valve and Valve takes care of em.


I'm not ashamed to admit I got most of my scout unlocks and a heavy one through achievement farming servers. I hardly ever play them and I'd never see the new weapons otherwise.

My Medic and Pyro unlocks are legit, however.

You can usually tell the legit unlockers by how good they are. I'd rather have 20 farmers come at me with unlocked weapons than one person who got them legit.


So in conclusion: Farm away, it won't make you an expert. Cheat and the world laughs at you.
 
Achievement farming is the bi-product of these unlockable weapons. Essentially, you have to play 20 mini games on a server to get your weapons. If someone can write a script for certain achievements, they've saved people time and effort. Valve doesn't care how people get the achievements, as long as it's ingame.
 
Using console commands to get achievements = legit.

If valve didn't want to to get the achievements, then they would simply remove the command. It's out there.
 
I use achievement farming servers simply because I like to try the new weapons asap and its fun seeing how chaotic and uncoordinated most of the servers are.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top