[rant]Anyone not interested in the update?

shade

Rookie
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
90
OK, I have to get this off of my chest, I'm not interested in the upcoming update at all. Sniper is my least favorite class, and spy is my second least favorite class. I'm guessing that I will probably never get any of the achievements for either. I am completely dreading playing TF2 over the next couple of weeks because of all the people who will be playing sniper and spy. When there are three or more snipers or three or more spies on a team, that team almost always loses. In the coming weeks, the teams are going to be swamped with both. When one class is updated, the amount of people playing on that class is tolerable even though it is usually too many. I have a feeling its going to be very aggravating with two classes being updated at the same time. I know I'm being a total curmudgeon (:angry:), but I thought I would put this out there and make a shout out to all of the people who are not pumped up about this update (or am I the only one?).

HUMBUG I TELL YOU! HUMBUG!!

There. I got it off of my chest, and I'm already feeling better, and I will never have to dwell on it again. I'm sure karma will reward me with twice as many headshots and backstabs as I would have gotten if I hadn't made this post.:thumbup:

I guess its time to brush up on my pyro skillz.
-shade
 
Yeah that is annoying for the first couple weeks having everyone play the same class, but in a couple weeks the hysteria will be gone. So until then people excited and people not excited for the update will have to deal with it. :] Nice to hear your opinion :D
 
I find the times when classes I don't play are updated to be the most fun I ever have. They are the easiest times to get mad kills with whatever counter-class. I plan on spending a lot of time playing as pyro because that is the easiest way to control a spy infestation, which is imminent at this point.

Try to enjoy it even if it isn't an update for your preferred class.


p.s. I'll be spending a lot of time sniping the nubs that think peek sniping is clever : )
 
I gotta say that snier was the 3rd most expected update for right after soldier and demo, and oh boy does it disapoint! The bow is awesome, but the jarate and the shield...useless imo. I guess I could get used to the jarate, but the shield is out of the question. I can safely say that I'll never use it. Unless it's like 5am and I snipe at turbine :)

I don't enjoy playing the spy at all so naturally I'm not expecting the update as much as the sniper. But the new cloack thingys are going to change that a bit. I can already see how I'll inch myself to the enemy bats at 2fort in three hours with the stad still to recharge cloack...and then run into a pyros face. ><
I'm a terrible shot with the existing revolver so I'll just get my butt handed to myself if I crab the ambassidor.

All in all, the few times I play spy I don't mind getting a few achievemnts at the same time with unbelieveble luck. The snipers bow is a thing I'm really waiting for. It'll be so much fun to run down the 2fort bridge spamming arrows at the enemy...and then cover them all with pee.
 
Actually, I don't remember seeing a surge in the amount of scouts on our servers when the scout-update came out, why should it hopefully be any different now? My least favorite class is medic, with the spy following behind him but I will play both of them after this update. But if I see my team swamped with spies and snipers I won't do the same, I'll play as something my team really needs. But after the dust settles.. your backs.. your heads.. will never be the same.
Oh, and when I get the Jarate.. neither will your clothes.
 
Scout update only had a bunch of scout on like the first 2 days... made soldier and demo easy.

Seeing as how every class with an update so far I rarely play I never really cared too much about the unlocks. Spy and sniper are two of my most played so I'm looking forward to seeing the weapons.
 
Okay, I happen to absolutely LOVE playing pyro. Back in the TFC days I was firmly convinced pyro was put in there just to annoy snipers and counter spies. Now that Valve gave me back my flare gun (pyro rocket launcher was so much better - 20 rockets, no reloading, no cooldown time - you could hop off the battlements in 2Fort and have five on the way before you hit the ground - talk about sniper suppression) I intend to fully enjoy igniting snipers when I'm not busy spy-checking.

The good thing about updates? It gives me a chance to play classes where I fail to the point of embarrassment; without anyone noticing ;)
 
Last edited:
Because of the update, a lot of people will be playing sniper and spy. To counter the snipers and spies, a lot of people will be playing pyro. To take it one step further, I will go Heavy to counter the pyros that are countering the spies and snipers. This will cause more people to go sniper and spy, to counter the heavy...which will cause more pyros...which will cause more heavies....AHHH! It's a vicious cycle!
:chair:

Anyways, thanks for the responses and the perspectives. I admit that when I made this thread I was up way past my bedtime, and was more than a little grumpy/goofy. I'm sure the sky isn't going to fall, and maybe it is a good time for me to learn some classes that I never play. :cool:
 
they should update the medic again to be honest, sniper is plenty powerful and spy became powerful when they added the extra cloaking for picking up metal

hopefully this update won't ruin the balance of the game long term
 
It's going to be a Pyro's paradise, my friend. Keep that gas-mask chin up.
 
Hey, if you think you're upset, think of all the die-hard heavies. Their two huge counter-classes are both getting buffed at the same time. Poor guys.

they should update the medic again to be honest, sniper is plenty powerful and spy became powerful when they added the extra cloaking for picking up metal

hopefully this update won't ruin the balance of the game long term


If it did ruin balance, Valve would change it. They did it with the HP buff on the backburner, and again with implementing the nerf on damage and minimum stun distance for the sandman. Valve is great in that they are willing to say "Hey, we thought this would work, but it didn't. We'll fix it."
 
Yeah, I'm mainly worried about heavies, there are rarely enough playing as it is. Oh well, I guess the game will heal itself eventually :P
 
I love sniper, hate spy. Plan, if i see you in 2fort, on being stuck to a lot of walls.Thank you.
 
Yeah, I'm mainly worried about heavies, there are rarely enough playing as it is. Oh well, I guess the game will heal itself eventually :P

You should play Blackmesa more often...heavy/medics all over the place.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top