the spy (need help!)

And where is Goretex here? He's one of the best spies I've played with...I'd say to ask him if this thread (all above posts are very good, I even learned some things here...) hasn't helped you.

Keep trying, you'll get good with time. Know how the class you're disguised as acts so you're not the odd one out. Never disguise as the same class. NEVER BE A HEAVY. If you need to make your disguise look better or more convincing, go to the enemy spawn and go from there. Kill, cloak, disguise. Don't let who you're disguised as see you, if you see him but he doesn't see you, cloak and disguise as someone else.

My limited knowledge of spies has been passed on to you, I'm not very good, but if it helped, enjoy.
-RoffleWoffle
 
Yeah, forgot to add if you have any questions don't be afraid to add me through my sig.
 
I would recommend using the classic watch and the classic revolver. I swear my skill has decreased since I started using C&D and the Ambassador. If I may do something similar to what patronofspys did:

1. Use classic spy weapons
2. Don't disguise as a scout, spy, or medic to start out with (they take a little more... finesse to be competent with)
3. Know your map, in particular, supply locations.
4. Avoid unnecesary movement while cloaked. On many CP maps, I can make it to the middle point before anybody else on my team (excluding scouts) because I walk in straight lines.
5. This one goes for any class: listen.
6. If you realize that you're not going to make a backstab, change your direction. It can throw off some enemies' suspicions.
7. When trying to get out of a tough situation by means of running, turn around and pop a few revolver shots. Some enemies back off after getting hit in the face with two shots.
8. If you decide to cloak after being spotted, don't walk in a predictable pattern.
9. Don't get yourself into precarious situations without a plan of how to get out.
10. Savor every backstab.

Oh, and spontaneous combustion happens to even the best of spies (myself, Zaw, Dingo, and many others), so don't let pyros get you down.
 
Last edited:
2. Don't disguise as a scout, spy, or medic to start out with (they take a little more... finesse to be competent with)

Actually medic and spy since they have been buffed are some of the easiest disguises to use.
 
But with medic you have to be competent with rapidly changing weapon disguise to keep your enemy fooled and spy is being spychecked way more often now.
 
thanks for all the tips guys i messed around with the spy today for awhile got owned big time,wasnt really all that fun,but then again i dont know the class,one thing that kept really ticking me off is constant spy checks that kept killing me. :facewall:
 
Man, I need to play spy more often now as it seems most of you have forgotten what I can do.... :P
 
Man, I need to play spy more often now as it seems most of you have forgotten what I can do.... :P

You should Deja, I know your are a good spy. Seen you plenty of times on mesa and Ive had fun times stabbing you over and over and getting killed just as much in return.
 
well i was wondering for all the good spy's out there ill prolly be on most of the day (sunday night) maybe we can go over some things ill be in vent as well so i can get stab happy!:sneaky2:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top