- Joined
- Sep 23, 2008
- Messages
- 239
For awhile now I'll be playing for an hour or more and I'll lose connection. Dead.
Usually I have to reset the modem and wait for the connection to come back.
Usually this is more than a minor inconvenience because it likes to happen after I've waited like 2 hours to get the sniper rile and then my connection goes dead.
Now, the past few days my ping has been horrible. I can hardly play at times.
I've ran net_graph 3 and I'm showing anywhere from 50 to 90 frames per second, the choke - loss seems to be 0 most of the time. Usually my ping is maybe 50, but lately it's been 100, 200 . . . .
I was wondering if Comcast is playing games with me since I'm streaming while playing. I'm fairly convinced it's not my computer at this point.
I would like to give them a call but I was wondering if there were some things I could check on my own to eliminate some possibilities or gather some evidence before I call Comcast to complain.
I'm thinking DSL is probably faster and more reliable at this point. Getting frustrated.
Usually I have to reset the modem and wait for the connection to come back.
Usually this is more than a minor inconvenience because it likes to happen after I've waited like 2 hours to get the sniper rile and then my connection goes dead.
Now, the past few days my ping has been horrible. I can hardly play at times.
I've ran net_graph 3 and I'm showing anywhere from 50 to 90 frames per second, the choke - loss seems to be 0 most of the time. Usually my ping is maybe 50, but lately it's been 100, 200 . . . .
I was wondering if Comcast is playing games with me since I'm streaming while playing. I'm fairly convinced it's not my computer at this point.
I would like to give them a call but I was wondering if there were some things I could check on my own to eliminate some possibilities or gather some evidence before I call Comcast to complain.
I'm thinking DSL is probably faster and more reliable at this point. Getting frustrated.

















