Uber Spy!

natxavier

Poster
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
140
No, srsly ...

I've been seeing some 'uber spies' running around by themselves recently. Is this some kind of bug with the Cloak and Dagger? Anyone else been seeing this?

Nat
 
it's a bug with the new disguise system.
if they disguise as somebody who have uber they will also look like they have uber to you.
if so then just kill them
 
not a glitch or bug, if you disguise as uber your going to look like it. same way that you hold whichever weapon they hold....

at least I don't think it should be a bug if it actually is one. it only seems right to me that they look exactly like what they disguise as.
 
it's a bug with the new disguise system.
if they disguise as somebody who have uber they will also look like they have uber to you.
if so then just kill them
I don't think thats the case, since it only happens to enemy spys that are disguised as spys, and who ubers spys?
 
I thought that happened with the cloak and dagger when you just try to run around cloaked without charging it.
 
I think it's a bug and valve will probably fix it in an update . But I've literaly seen spies ubered running round , Medic and all .
 
I know its a glitch when disguising as a spy overall i dont think it has anything to do with uber it just looks like there ubered without the medic and its wearing off too. Also if you play in eygpt we have been ubering spys lately = P. Wintermute and I go own as ubered spys = P.
 
I don't think thats the case, since it only happens to enemy spys that are disguised as spys, and who ubers spys?

I ubered three spies last night, it was hilarious. :laugh:

Also, the whole uber spy bug happens when you disguise as a spy that is using dead ringer. Since the dead ringer makes the spy semi-uber and cloaked, if you disguise as them while it's active, you'll glow like you're uber no matter what kind of cloak you use.

So until they fix this bug, don't disguise as an enemy spy.
 
Last edited:
I absolutely uber spies. IF you time it right you can zap all the sentries and then get all stabby on the players
 
That glitch is fun, I like being able to kill someone that is "ubered".

And ubering spies is always a good idea, as stated by iamevilbear.
 
Yep, I've seen this, but it is somewhat buggy. When you see the spy, you don't see them ubered as the class they disguised as, you see them ubered as spy. So, insofar as it ignores their disguise and just makes them glowy and red/blue, it's bugged. I doubt Valve intended this at all, because it's just a way for a spy to get screwed without ever realizing how or why, which is not going to make for a fun game, which is not going to make a happy customer to Valve.
 
I believe that when you are using the C&D as a spy and you are running around without any charge left instead of it just uncloaking you, it makes you look ubered to draw more attention to you.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top