Which One?

Which One?

  • #1

    Points: 4 28.6%
  • #2

    Points: 10 71.4%

  • Total voters
    14
  • Poll closed .
You want my real opinion? Neither.

If somebody held a gun to my head and forced me to pick one, I would pick the second.
 
Personally I really dislike rosewill, could get a much better psu for the same price. But if you are dead set on them, 2nd.
 
Get the first get the first! I have that model but at 730w, plus it looks better the case with the honeycomb cut out.
 
I would not buy either. Rosewill is known for cheap quality. Go corsair or pc power and cooling if you can afford it. If not, the OCZ below is a better deal than either of those.

OCZ Power Supply

OCZ, Antec, and Cooler Master all make respectable power supplies at prices that aren't that far off from Rosewill.
 
OH ok so Rosewell is bad ill pick other ones.

How about this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171038

I currently have a PC Power and Cooling 510 Turbo cool, Its loud and dying but will the Cooler Master have the same cords as the PC one?
Im new to upgrading and im also wondering, Do I just connect the cords on the Cooler master one to where the PC ones are currently at?
Like their is a 4 connector right next to my PC PSU, Do I just unplug it and replace it with my Cooler Master cord?
Oh and do I have to do anything in my BIOS when I install it?
 
Last edited:
OH ok so Rosewell is bad ill pick other ones.

How about this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171038

I currently have a PC Power and Cooling 510 Turbo cool, Its loud and dying but will the Cooler Master have the same cords as the PC one?
Im new to upgrading and im also wondering, Do I just connect the cords on the Cooler master one to where the PC ones are currently at?
Like their is a 4 connector right next to my PC PSU, Do I just unplug it and replace it with my Cooler Master cord?
Oh and do I have to do anything in my BIOS when I install it?


Read Ryken and my post... we suggest those ones which will get the job done.
 
well the 2 you suggested are pretty low on everything, 550W and only 36 amp on the 12 rail, might not be adequate for your future needs. that rykens psu is pretty sweet tho
 
I would not buy either. Rosewill is known for cheap quality. Go corsair or pc power and cooling if you can afford it. If not, the OCZ below is a better deal than either of those.

OCZ Power Supply

OCZ, Antec, and Cooler Master all make respectable power supplies at prices that aren't that far off from Rosewill.

QFT

Would have said the same thing...:thumbup:
 
OP, you don't have to adjust any BIOS settings or anything like that. You will be hard pressed to find a power supply that won't have the 4-pin motherboard plug on it these days. The things you want to look for as far as plugs are:

1. SATA/Molex: does it have enough of each for what you have in your case.
2. PCI-e: Do you need 6 pin or 6+2 pin, and how many of each?

My guess is that you need a 6 pin for a graphics card. If you want us to find you the absolute best PS for YOUR SYSTEM, please post your system. This means every drive and drive type, procesor, RAM, and graphics card. If you need help identifying that stuff, let us know, and we can help you figure it out.

Once you buy the darn thing, it is as simple as unplugging the old connectors and removing the old PS by taking out the four screws on the back of the case. Then you pop the new one in, and hookup all of the connectors. You can't really screw this up. Just make sure the computer is off when you are doing everything, and that is unplugged from the wall. Also, make sure everything is hooked up before you turn it back on again.

Here is a nice guide to installing a PS with pretty pictures.

Here is 14 pages on everything anyone could want to know about power supplies. (put on a pot of coffee before you tackle this one)
 
Go Corsair or PC Power & Cooling. Trust me, the extra money is more than worth it for the quality and peace of mind.
 
In addition to the other recommendations here which are all fantastic and should suit your needs, one I will toss into the mix is the Antec earthwatt or quattro series. Both are among the most efficient, reliable and are built to last a long time.

Anyways go with any of the suggested ones in this thread and you can't go wrong.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top