Dell XPS 400 Motherboard upgrade

raptor217

Thread Junky
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
853
I currently have a dell xps 400 and a 3.2 ghz pentium 4. It is in need of an upgrade but I cant do anything else with this motherboard. The XPS 400 case is a BTX case, can I upgrade the motherboard to put a better processor in?
 
Unless you are comfortable with modding your case, I would just buy a new one, and pull the components that you want to keep out of your dell.

Reasoning: Dell Cases are designed for Dell Motherboards, It would be much cheaper and with less headache to change cases if you would like to upgrade motherboards.
 
You'll need a new case and a new motherboard, like Jon said.

Also make sure your power supply can power whatever you put into it. I have the 420 and my PSU is WEAK.
 
@ Jon: Ok thats what I thought. Ill probably end up bying a new mobo, case, and cpu when the i7 prices come down. Thanks for the help.

@Freaking: Yeah I had to upgrade to a new PSU because the stock one only puts out 375 Watts, my new one puts out 600. It couldn't handle my graphics card.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top