Well, i got my computer parts in and built my system yesterday.
Thoughts...
I really like this case. It's a full tower. It has 3 fans in the front, 2 in the back, and a HUGE one on top. It has slots for 2 more fans, one being a side mount, and also a mount "next" to where the video cards would be, so you can put a fan blowing along the cards. Pretty cool. The case also made cable management very easy, by putting plenty of slots in the back panel, to snake cables in and out..
I'm glad i went with a PSU that is made by the same company as the case. It goes very nicely with it. I like how the PSU fan intake is from the INSIDE of the case. Others may not like that, but I do.
I'm NOT so crazy about the cpu cooler. I was really worried about getting a cooler that would block off some of my memory slots, and i read this one did not do that. However, this motherboard is VERY nice and roomy. I don't think blockage would have been a problem.
I put windows 7 RC (64 bit) on there, I have to say I really like it. I may pick up another 4 gigs of ram, putting the memory to 8 gigs.
Computer Parts N a Box
On it's way to being built, messy looking!
All drives in place (including my Velociraptor and the terabyte drive)
- Case - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer
- PSU - Antec CP-850 850W Continuous Power CPX SLI Certified
- AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition
- ASUS M4N82 Deluxe AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI AMD Motherboard
- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit
- Rosewill RCX-Z5 92mm Two Ball Bearing / FDBB CPU Cooler
- EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB
- 300G Velociraptor
- WD terabyte drive (32M cache, 7200 rpm)
- LG Black SATA 22X CD/ DVD Burner
Thoughts...
I really like this case. It's a full tower. It has 3 fans in the front, 2 in the back, and a HUGE one on top. It has slots for 2 more fans, one being a side mount, and also a mount "next" to where the video cards would be, so you can put a fan blowing along the cards. Pretty cool. The case also made cable management very easy, by putting plenty of slots in the back panel, to snake cables in and out..
I'm glad i went with a PSU that is made by the same company as the case. It goes very nicely with it. I like how the PSU fan intake is from the INSIDE of the case. Others may not like that, but I do.
I'm NOT so crazy about the cpu cooler. I was really worried about getting a cooler that would block off some of my memory slots, and i read this one did not do that. However, this motherboard is VERY nice and roomy. I don't think blockage would have been a problem.
I put windows 7 RC (64 bit) on there, I have to say I really like it. I may pick up another 4 gigs of ram, putting the memory to 8 gigs.
Computer Parts N a Box
On it's way to being built, messy looking!
All drives in place (including my Velociraptor and the terabyte drive)

















) lol