Update help!

BQ-11

Rookie
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
54
My update has stalled at 98% and when I try to launch TF2, I am told that there is a problem with my local game files. Has this happened to anyone else, and what can I do?

Thanks,

BQ-11.
 
I had a similiar problem and tried the solution below, and it worked for me.
HOWEVER: You will be deleting a steam file, so I take no responsibility if it doesn't work for you. And i suggest backing up the file before you do so. However this seems to be a common problem with the new update..


hopefully it will fix it for you...

In this directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps
(of if you have a 32b os)
C:\Program Files\steam\SteamApps

there is a file called:
multiplayer ob binaries.gcf

close steam... completely... delete that file. then restart steam, you should be good.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the info Rellik!! Was having fits over here.....of course, I've already wiped out my TF2 content...re-downloading it all now....
 
I had a problem similar to this, I restarted my computer and it worked normally. Try that first before anything else.
 
Thank you for the info Rellik!! Was having fits over here.....of course, I've already wiped out my TF2 content...re-downloading it all now....

yeah i wanted to avoid doing that at all costs.... I have a limited connection... and redownloading 8gb was on my "DONOTWANT!" list

donotwant.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top