Server Disconnect

Corbin Dallas

I made one post
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
7
Since yesterday, 6/23/09, I have been getting a "server disconnected" when I try to get on EGO servers.
Please help.
 
That's all it says? Check if there's anybody in the server.

It could be due to the tf2 update, which servers are you talking about?? Please fill me in.
 
I am trying to get on EGO 24/7 Crossfire COD4 server. After I enter the server, about 2-3 seconds later it disconnects me. All it says is "server disconnect" and I have to exit.
 
Also, after getting booted off, my name is nowhere to be found on the XLRSTATS page. Can't even find it searching.
 
I don't have anything called "steam" on my computer. What is that? I see all kinds of references to it, but don't know what it is.
 
Ah...I see. Steam is a gaming program. I can't really describe it. Basically, you can buy games, plays games, and talk to people using Steam Friends. I recommend getting it and adding CoD4 to your Steam games list.

http://www.steampowered.com
 
I'll give it a shot. I looked around and I think this might work.

Cloggsmcluff on the GameSpot forums said:
goto C:/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/players/profiles/yourprofile/nameconfig_mp

in that file paste seta cl_connectionAttempts "30"

however, if you try to save it, it will tell you access denied. so what you have to do, is cut the config out of the folder. edit it.

save it again (making sure it still stays a .CFG file) and then paste it back in.

Also remember before you edit any kind of file you make a back up.

this worked for me, and thats how i fixed it.

good luck.

cloggs

If you have any problems with that, or it plain doesn't work. Post here and I'll see what I can do.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top