So I booted up my computer this morning like any other morning. I walked away for a couple minutes, and came back to find my computer still booting. It normally takes 2.5 minutes, it took 5 minutes this morning. I figured there must be something wrong with the hard drive. :cursing:
Once I got into windows, I opend up crystaldiskinfo and was presented with this about my primary hard drive.
My computer is running incrediably slow right now, :chair:, and I fear it is failing.
:facewall: Can anyone out there tell me if the hard drive is failing?
(I think this trouble actually started last night when I was at late night fight with tf2. my fps was all over the place, and I couldn't figure it out.)
I bought this hard drive from newegg on 10/28/2008.
My specs:
AMD phenom II x4 940 3.0 ghz
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
LG Black LG Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD?R DVD Burner
Cooler master haf 932
tuniq tower 120
EVGA 8800 gts 512mb
Zalman 850w power supply
MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX motherboard
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 750GB 7200 RPM (failing hdd)
500gb hard drive (forgot brand)
80gb hard drive (forgot brand)
Windows Vista x64 Business
Right now I am frantically backing up important stuff on to my 500gb hdd. Please tell me if I have to worry more.
Once I got into windows, I opend up crystaldiskinfo and was presented with this about my primary hard drive.
My computer is running incrediably slow right now, :chair:, and I fear it is failing.
:facewall: Can anyone out there tell me if the hard drive is failing?
(I think this trouble actually started last night when I was at late night fight with tf2. my fps was all over the place, and I couldn't figure it out.)
I bought this hard drive from newegg on 10/28/2008.
My specs:
AMD phenom II x4 940 3.0 ghz
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
LG Black LG Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD?R DVD Burner
Cooler master haf 932
tuniq tower 120
EVGA 8800 gts 512mb
Zalman 850w power supply
MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX motherboard
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 750GB 7200 RPM (failing hdd)
500gb hard drive (forgot brand)
80gb hard drive (forgot brand)
Windows Vista x64 Business
Right now I am frantically backing up important stuff on to my 500gb hdd. Please tell me if I have to worry more.
Last edited:












