My opinion

Mr. S

I made one post
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
23
Over the past couple of days playing especially on the Donner server as I usually do; I have come across some very disappointing things. There have been at least 2 instances where someone is most obviously hacking and yet nothing is done about it. Yeah I could see if there was only me thinking the person was hacking. But when half the server sees that someone is obvious then there should not be that much of a question.

Yet somehow someway someone says one thing racist, and not even intentionally they get automatically perma banned. Someone says any curse word more than once they get kicked but when someone is hacking there is a look and then nothing... This is sad.

I understand completely the intentions of keeping these servers friendly for all ages that play but it should also be friendly for everyone to play without wanting to leave because someone is obviously hacking and no one wants to do anything about it.

Back in the day I use to cry hacker all the time. I no longer do this as I am much better at playing than i use to be. However there is a line that must be drawn and decisions that must be made in a timely fashion to a majority of a server pointing out 1 specific guy. Why its so difficult to get rid of these people is beyond me. But in all honesty, its one of the main reasons I ever stop playing for any given period of time.

Anyways As I said this is my opinion and if it gets me kicked fine. But I think there needs to be more action and less talk when it comes to kicking people. I mean kicking and banning people for curse words is ok but not when there are bigger fish to fry in the meantime.

:facewall:
 
Are you sure the person was hacking? If so, how? Did you (or someone else) take a demo?

I'm sorry, but 9 times out to 10, most hacking accusations are not true. There is a select core of highly skilled DoD players that will absolutely and completely dominate the general public... on a regular basis. Several of those players specifically enjoy coming to the eGO servers because we have so many newer players, they get a kick out of wiping the floor with people.

Unless there is solid evidence, witch hunt cheat accusations will hurt us more than they will help us. That said, if you're certain, you (or another user) can easily record a demo of the person playing. The demo will be reviewed, and action taken from there.
 
Im sorry you're feeling frustration with this Mr.S. We do have a system for everything though. Swearing is a part of the Warn/Kick/Ban system. That is why they get booted after they cuss repeatedly.

Racism is NEVER acceptable whether it is a slip or not. When is comes to racism there are no slips.

As for hacking.. Just because you dont see anything being done doesnt mean nothing is being done. What would happen if we announced it in open chat? They stop doing it for the time being. That is not good enough.

If we are informed of or notice a possible hacker we quietly watch and record them for review so we have valid proof that they are indeed hacking. We cannot just ban on the spot every time someone cries hacker.

I hope this clears things up a little and helps you understand that the admin dont just start swinging the Ban Hammer unnecessarily.

Thank You for showing the concern..
RunzWitSkizzorz
 
Are you sure the person was hacking? If so, how? Did you (or someone else) take a demo?

I'm sorry, but 9 times out to 10, most hacking accusations are not true. There is a select core of highly skilled DoD players that will absolutely and completely dominate the general public... on a regular basis. Several of those players specifically enjoy coming to the eGO servers because we have so many newer players, they get a kick out of wiping the floor with people.

Unless there is solid evidence, witch hunt cheat accusations will hurt us more than they will help us. That said, if you're certain, you (or another user) can easily record a demo of the person playing. The demo will be reviewed, and action taken from there.

Yeah, if you think someone is hacking, just record a demo.

But if you want admin to check him just in admin chat ( teamchat+@) say something like "Hey admin i think that player X is hacking could you please check" An admin will probably check him. but if you yell in chat "HACKER!!!11!1!!! ADMIN DO SOMETHING, BAN HIM!" We wont check.
 
re:

If you suspect someone of hacking their is no law against taking a demo of it and submitting it. Also alot of people get upset when they are getting owned, I'll be honest I am one of them. But I won't cry " hacker ". A lot of people on the other hand do and can't control themselves. As you know a lot of things come into play when you go against someone that is obiviously very skilled ( person owning you ), experience, cpu setup, internet connection, etc. The other day you said some things to me on the server about " headshots with a thompson " .... " you were tired of it " ... basically insinuating some things. You were obiviously upset and were borderline falling in the category of " crying hacker ". We don't accuse people in open chat about hacking. Their are steps that admin take when someone is a suspect. But we don't instantly kick or ban someone, the process takes more time to complete and review. That's why you see more pubbers getting kicked or banned over other things. Sorry we don't do in a " timely fashion " up to your standards but their is a reason for it. It is to give everyone a chance for their demo to be properly reviewed ... " basically we don't shoot first and ask questions later " .... we don't want a very skilled pubber to be banned over someone crying hacker.
 
Last edited:
Over the past couple of days playing especially on the Donner server as I usually do; I have come across some very disappointing things. There have been at least 2 instances where someone is most obviously hacking and yet nothing is done about it. Yeah I could see if there was only me thinking the person was hacking. But when half the server sees that someone is obvious then there should not be that much of a question.

Yet somehow someway someone says one thing racist, and not even intentionally they get automatically perma banned. Someone says any curse word more than once they get kicked but when someone is hacking there is a look and then nothing... This is sad.

I understand completely the intentions of keeping these servers friendly for all ages that play but it should also be friendly for everyone to play without wanting to leave because someone is obviously hacking and no one wants to do anything about it.

Back in the day I use to cry hacker all the time. I no longer do this as I am much better at playing than i use to be. However there is a line that must be drawn and decisions that must be made in a timely fashion to a majority of a server pointing out 1 specific guy. Why its so difficult to get rid of these people is beyond me. But in all honesty, its one of the main reasons I ever stop playing for any given period of time.

Anyways As I said this is my opinion and if it gets me kicked fine. But I think there needs to be more action and less talk when it comes to kicking people. I mean kicking and banning people for curse words is ok but not when there are bigger fish to fry in the meantime.

:facewall:



I was in Donner with you last night when you were asking about the GI guy on german team. The problem was that NO ONE had any actual evidence of him cheating. When I first joined Donner, the Allied team was complaining, so I switched to Spec and started a demo. I saw NOTHING questionable during the entire time I was recording. So I joined a team and played for a bit. I switched back to Spec about half an hour later to try recording again - and guess what? NOTHING questionable on the accused hacker's part in that demo either. Unfortunately, while making the demo, some one made the comment "It feels so good to knife a jew." That player was banned for the racist comment - however "unintentional" you want to call it, there were other ways he could have worded it that wouldn't have ended with him being banned.

I even called in a non-admin account to sit in spec to make a demo, to see if we could prove that this guy was hacking. Guess what? Again, fruitless. Both times a demo was made by a "regular pubber". There was a group of us in Ventrilo last night, talking about this guy, and trying our hardest to catch him doing what he was being accused of doing... And we couldn't. No one caught him doing anything wrong. It was NOT for lack of trying, though. Trust me on that.

eGO does NOT ban people for hacking without proof. Suspicions and accusations alone do not count as evidence. We need a viable demo that proves the guy was aimbotting, had opaque walls, or a speed hack. Last night, we couldn't get that. There were four different attempts just from this house hold alone - and all four demos show that he watches corners, but was not hacking. Whether he was hacking before I arrived, or after I left, I couldn't say. But even while I was watching him through spec, and when I was following him on the team, I witnessed no bannable actions on his part.

Your opinion here isn't going to get you kicked. It's just going to earn you the right to be told you're wrong. It wasn't that "no one cares". It wasn't that "nobody wanted to do anything about it". If that was the case, I wouldn't have left the Allied team 30 seconds after I joined, just so I could sit in spec and make a useless demo. If that was the case, I wouldn't have gotten stuck on the Axis team the entire time I was playing because the team I originally joined was full. (Yes, I prefer the Springfield and the Browning.) And most of all, if that was the case, I wouldn't be responding to you now explaining all of this.
 
I will give you a demo that you will think the guy is hacking 100%, but he is not. Like it has been said actual hacking is not as prevalent as people think. Hacking that gets permabanned must disrupt the server, meaning clear hacking such as speed hacking or capturing all the flags in 3 seconds, killing the entire team right away. Things that stand out and cannot be ruled out by any other explanation. What does "obviously hacking" mean to you? Because obvious hacking is what i just described.
 
After many years of playing Dod I realise that some players are really good and to an average player it look's like he is hacking. When a player complains over chat I ask them not to accuse another player of hacking, but I do spec them and it is very hard, and in 99 out of 100 accusations it is baseless. With the odd one you can only demo and submit it for the scrutiny.
I try to play in a different part of the map from a good player so he does not kill me so much, it works well and I survive.
I SURVIVED LONDON BLITZ
 
As the others have stated, most of the time the person in question is not hacking. They are either really good, on a streak, or due to the teams have an advantage (think rock paper scissors - they may not be the greatest player but could be the rock to your scissors, bring paper in and they will die even while you beat paper).
 
maybe you should satify your own interest and record a demo.. =(e)='s have the same right to record a demo, just like admins.

To record a demo:

!
1. join spectators
2. spectate the player you wish to record "in first person view"
3. in console type "record"
4. after you have taken a good 1min, then in console type "stop"

there is your demo

then post your "request ban" in the request ban forums.. lol

send your email [email protected]

but pleasem visit the request ban forums for the full actual prosedure for demo records
 
I saw a guy hacking on Flash the other day...3 no scope kills in 2 seconds. Impossible...unless hes like Chuck Norris or something.
 
Killjoy I think next time you should also record a demo because it could be a unintentional glitch, or whatever it is. Game is buggy and never perfect. Even the leadership and the council, they cannot identify everything but in general, a demo is necessary so people can look into it and discuss the problem there.

I hope Mr. S wouldn't mind. It happens Mr. S. I have been on DoD:S for two years and I have seen many weird cases. I have seen people really skillful with rifles and I can't believe in their skills. There are great snipers and I couldn't believe it.

We love this community because we treat everyone the same. We only expect one thing: your matureness. We welcome great players but we put manner before everything. This is what makes our community and everyone here proud of. There are tonks of servers and clans out there. It is our members that proves the success of our community.

So let's break the ice and we should enjoy the game again. Just record a demo, or contact an eGO if possible.
 
Last night a fellow member asked me to spec a guy who he thought was hacking. Apparently they (the whole allied team) thought a guy was shooting the MG42 with no recoil, i had my doubts as i am an avid '42 fan and a skilled ramboer but i still decided to spec him. Sure enough he just knows how to sneak up on people, crouch and drag down the mouse as he shoots. He wasnt a hacker and i explained that to the team after that they all settled down and went back to having fun. I guess what im trying to say is that sometimes the players need to be let in on what we are doing (as long as it dosent interfere with our admining) and let them know that they are wrong about a hacker, that way they dont keep speculating and cursing admins because they think we arent doing our job.
 
Just compare their death / kill, most of the cases will solve the problem without even recording a demo, IMO.
Also, a glitch is different from using a hack (a mod developed by someone who intended for unfair game play). Many time cases are glitches.
 
re

As the others have stated, most of the time the person in question is not hacking. They are either really good, on a streak, or due to the teams have an advantage (think rock paper scissors - they may not be the greatest player but could be the rock to your scissors, bring paper in and they will die even while you beat paper).


Gunns ... I love the " Rock Paper Scissors " reference .... :thumbup:
 
Yeah, without a demo of the person hacking, or an admin on the server at the time, nothing can really be done about it.
 
thanks vizier, never knew how to do that.

no problem. there is more stuff to that i cant remember

like to view them i think you type "viewdemo" in console while in game.and such.. I fergot how to actually find the demo in your computer and send it in.

LOL
 

Latest posts

Back
Top