Star Trek III: The Search For The Cart (TF2 Redub)

=[Ga]= AutoDMC

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
1,113
!Woodstock! said a page of posts ago that "You can dub TF2 over anything and it is a win."

I wondered... does this include Star Trek III, notorious for being both unfunny and incredibly long winded and boring?

You be the judge:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXoj0v5nRoI[/ame]
 
Come on guys, you stopped before the good part. It gets better at ~ 4:00.

To answer the original question, yes, ST-III is now much better than before.
 
Like I said in your vid comments, Epic. But then again, I'm probally barely in the age limit of folks that even know stuff about Star Trek. Let alone love it.
 
The syncing was pretty bad... I suppouse it would have worked if they did a better job ;)
 
"They" was me :D I know the synching was not perfect; it's a pretty rough cut, but after 6 hours of staring at GCFscape, five Windows Explorer windows, and an Adobe Premiere Pro that stopped letting me give names to my folders (wait... was Spy in Bin 16 or Bin 13?), I wanted to see what it LOOKED like :D

As for the other naysayers, give me hints! Was it too long for your interest (about half way through I decided I really should have done a shorter clip), was the movie action just too slow, were my dialog choices sucky, would you have picked better dialog/classes? Is the concept just horrible? I'm always looking for creative criticism; when you spend more than six hours on a project, you want it to either fly or tell you exactly how to make the next one fly :D

(Personally, my favorite bits (both to watch, and to have done) was the achievement for leaving spacedock and the first minute, during the McCoy rescue).

Like I said, Star Trek III is renown for being non-funny, slow, and frankly a bit boring. So the pacing in the video isn't really what I'd call fast :D This was an experiment to see if it could be better... for comparison, check out the original clips:

"Rescuing McCoy" scene from creatively210 ([ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRe_1sJQLhM[/ame])
"Uhura the Badass" scene from hummtide ([ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW7zEIkLeSQ[/ame])
"Stealing the Enterprise" scene from Hudge85 ([ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_SGXx3pLzs[/ame])
 
I think you could've shortened it by half. Distill the hilarity out of the 8 minutes.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top