- Joined
- Jul 16, 2008
- Messages
- 1,113
Turbine Lovers Unite!
Turbine is now ranked 58th on Gametrackers! We've now passed Dustbowl, Blackmesa, and Valvemaps. And for that, all of you Turbine fans out there... well, to quote a famous soldier on this Fourth of July... All of you deserve a medal!
I'll discuss strategy in a minute... but first: We're in the bit of the standings where there isn't alot of squishy room to move forward. All the servers in front of us keep pretty well full all the time. Compare Turbine's population graph (left) with 2FORT-IR (right):
While 2FORT-IR doesn't stay full 100% of the time, it also doesn't have the drastic dips we are still experiencing in Turbine.
We still have the same problem we've always had, but thankfully less severe than usual (Snapshot at 3AM Central to the left, live to the right):
This dip is more severe than usual, but it points out our problem with a bright line... we're still suffering between 3AM Central to 11AM Central.
First, some kudos! It used to be 1AM Central to 1PM Central... so we're closing the gap!
But we still need more help! The trouble time zones are:
3-11AM Central
1-9AM Pacific
4AM-12PM Eastern
5PM-1AM Tokyo
9AM-5PM London
12PM-8PM Moscow
Seeding during these times would be EXCELLENT, however it would be even more excellent if we had actual PLAYERS during these times. Afternoon players in London and Europe, Evening-Morning players in Japan, I'm talkin' to you!
But since nobody likes playing Ignus Solus, if you normally play during those trouble time zones, POST HERE. This is important. Post here, and put a link to your steam page.* That way people in the same timezones can become steam friends and meet up to play, and drag some pubs in, and make it a real game.
Seeding also works really well. I start seeding about 2-3AM, and wake up the next day, grab a bite to eat, and then join a team and frag a bit. With any luck, that will stop working because the server is always so full

Extended Strategy
While Turbine should be your first priority (this goes without question and cannot be argued against), and while it's perfectly healthy to take joy in passing other eGO servers, we are all part of the same happy family.
I'd like to see two seeders on Turbine every night. But we shouldn't have more than two. You guys hate joining a server and finding it devoid of intelligent life, right?
The hot list for seeding if Turbine already has a compliment of seeds would be:
- Cashworks (to get them back on their feet)
- Dustbowl Fast Respawn (to kickstart it)
- Gravel Pit (because it's an awesome map but the server needs a bit of help)
- When waiting in line for Turbine because it's always so full, go ahead and play a bit of Gravel Pit and Cashworks.
- If you have to go to bed early, it's OK to seed These three servers. They both have MUCH wider morning gaps than Turbine, so early seeders would be gold.
Don't forget to post your timezone and preferred playing hours!
Mine is Central Time, and I'm usually in there from about 9PM to 2AM, but I've been known to get in much earlier than that!
* Making a Steam Friends Link:
- Open up Steam.
- Click the Community Tab.
- Find your number. I found mine here in the URL bar:
- Click on the "Make Link" button (It's the one that looks like a chain)
- Put a URL like this: steam://friends/add/<--THAT HUGE NUMBER-->
- ???
- Profit!
** How do I know that Turbine is very popular?
I had to be a bit snarky with a guy who was stalking people on Turbine trying to get them to join his clan

PS: I'm an eGO fan, so I'm already full of WIN. And I Love Turbine, and therefore I'm AWESOME. But is there any way I can be even more EPIC WIN?
Indeed there is! Join the Turbine Lovers Unite! social group. (Yes, I snagged that image from Gametrackers, but they stole it from FPS Banana, so it's OK) And go ahead and post in the My Time Zone and Steam Friends Link! discussion in that thread too. Then we'll have access to that information any time! And you can edit it too whenever you need to.
EPIC WIN? I think so!
















