Feedback for the new scramble teams plugin

I see that you decided to take scramble off.

So far I've enjoyed 1-11 loss streak, 3-16 loss streak and a 0-8 streak.
Please reconsider it sucks the fun out of turbine.
 
The plugin was well needed for sure. I think, it needed some tweeking though. Sometimes it randomizes the the teams when not really necessary.

Also I've seen on a couple servers this autobalance buddy plugin where basically you can signify someone to autobalance with so you and your friend can stay together.

My roommate and I play together all the time and hate being on the opposite teams. He never rubs it in, but getting pwned by my best friend sucks. Somehow getting pwned by a stranger is less bruising to my ego.
 
Last edited:
just to add to what's been said ~

some pubs have complained about this. it seems to work a little too well; that is, some people get switched a lot during a game. maybe a fix that says an individual steam id will only be team switch/autobalanced once per instance of connectivity?
 
Just witnessed two players leave after the scramble on Turbine. Another Point Farmer and Another Point Farmer Helper. They were separated in the scramble. After one attempted to change teams and failed, they both left. Afraid this will keep happening.

After the scrambles, I'm seeing a lot of "aw" and "wtf?"

Thought it was worth mentioning.

Also, on a fast-paced map like Turbine, it's happening way too often. It's not giving teams time to coordinate to become a winning team. It's taking the T E A M out of Team Fortress.

I agree. I would be playing on Turbine, having a good time. Next thing you know everythings scrambled and I'm like. What just happened? Its very unexpected.

In my opinion, I liked when the admins could start a scramble. That allowed the players to vote on whether they wanted a scramble, or if they didnt. It gave them a choice rather then just telling them they had to be scrambled no matter what. The only problem with that vote scramble is that people might spam 1 or 2 for their weapons at the beginning of the round, and accidently push yes or no for the scramble option.

There are times when I am playing when I wish that there could be a scramble, like when a team is absolutely dominating the other team. However, that doesn't happen very often. Sure, the losing team might lose every round, but its not like they dont put up a fight. The losing team doesnt just LET the enemies walk onto their CP. Its not like a steam roll or anything.

It situations like that, I try to help the losing team out by trying to organize a good and balanced team. And sure enough, when the winning team finally loses, I just sit back and watch them all empty out of the server.

I
 
I tried reading the 7 pages of this in order to find something resembling, but as woodstock said, He plays medic and if your switched with someone in order to balance then it would still be unbalanced. Could you possibly add in the assists a person has with the kills before you divide by the deaths in order to find a better ratio suiting to a medic? Ex. (Kills + (Assists/2))/Deaths?

Just a thought. :)
 
I've been playing alot of Gravelpit.. I played alot with the auto-balance plugin on. and i have played alot (the last 5 days or so) since its been turned off.

There's no easy way to give an unbiased account of my opinion... But it has been great without it. People have fun. You get to know your team and your strategies. and yeah sometimes people get rolled. but out of 32 people maybe 1 person complains. and rarely not even that many...

There was only 1 instance where the steam-rolling got bad. And so i switched teams to the losing team. and thats all it took really. One person willing to switch teams.

I think the game plays so much better without being randomly switched around every 3 rounds. If we feel there is a need to scramble teams... Keep in mind there's ways to do this BUILT IN to TF2. You could reduce the map times. so that the map reloads more often (not only would this scramble teams, but it would reset scores so people would be less likely to complain about a hard score shift. Also it resets the map which can help reduce problems of map-lockups and such) Also. with tf2, you can set the "win limit" so that after a certain team has won enough times (which goes up really quickly in a rolling situation) then the map could reset.
 
Hmm I was playing on turbine and I was playing as scout and got the intel once and I got it again and got almost to the middle area and died and then was teamswitched... It was the last capture we needed to win.. needless to say my former team got it after a minute or so and won...
 
Hmm I was playing on turbine and I was playing as scout and got the intel once and I got it again and got almost to the middle area and died and then was teamswitched... It was the last capture we needed to win.. needless to say my former team got it after a minute or so and won...

That's auto-balance not scramble. The scramble took place at the end of the round, auto-balance occurs whenever it is needed (which seems to be whenever you least want it).
 
Hmm I was playing on turbine and I was playing as scout and got the intel once and I got it again and got almost to the middle area and died and then was teamswitched... It was the last capture we needed to win.. needless to say my former team got it after a minute or so and won...

That's just bad luck mate.
 
I know there are a few people that play with friends, that's not the case for the majority of the players on either server. I was on gravelpit yesterday and one team was getting steam rolled. A and B were capped within 2 minutes and C was captured just after A and B were. This happened like 6 or 7 times in a row. Sure 4 or 5 people in the server aren't going to want it, but what about the other 24? Auto Scramble makes the games much more even and in return, more fun.

Or like rellik said, make the map time much less, liek maybe an hour. A vote scramble would be good to. That way, you can really see if the pubbers want it or not.
 
Last edited:
As the resident pubber complainer, a shorter game time or win limit (ie 2hours or win limit of 10) would be a nice compromise.
 
I see that you decided to take scramble off.

So far I've enjoyed 1-11 loss streak, 3-16 loss streak and a 0-8 streak.
Please reconsider it sucks the fun out of turbine.

According to gametracker, I've spent more hours (130+) in Turbine than anyone else. Seldom does it get as bad as Blundin claims.
 
Last edited:
Using the same tracker I've spent 108 hours, and I don't think I'm exaggerating.
Those were the accurate scores I've had since it was removed.

I understand your reasons for disliking scramble, but in my playtime I've noticed that with it functioning the scores were usually in the 8-12 range, and without scramble active it's almost always a considerably larger margin.
 
Since my other thread on this topic was closed, let me re-open this one by simply requesting that automatic team scramble be re-implemented. For my list of reasons, please see this thread.

I'll also take this opportunity to reply to 'A Nurse From Texas'. I've played with you before online and you are a person I highly respect for your pleasant conversation. Reading through this thread, I see that you are averse to team scramble, and I can see that your reasoning is valid (wanting to play with friends). However, having played on the opposite team to you at times, I feel I should elaborate a bit. You are a good player. The friends you like to play with are also good players. If you take just a couple good players and have them always play together on the same team, then it sometimes ends up in an uneven battle. Thus my desire for team scramble, even if it means having to play against friends sometimes.
 
SCRAMBLE BLARGH!

They gave it a try and the regulars prefer it the way it is. I wouldn't hold your breath on it changing.

I was a big supporter (read: complainer) about scramble but if you're getting rolled you can:

A) leave
B) spectate onto the winnarz!
C) partner with a kritz medic / demoman and be the most irritating losing team possible! (my favourite)
D) wait until the tide turns in 15 rounds
 

Latest posts

Back
Top