The "What Are You Reading?" Thread

Escher

Poster
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
115
So, we already know what everyone is playing and there is already a thread for what everyone is listening to and what TV shows they watch, but how about those of us that enjoy a literary adventure?

*NOTE: If there is already a thread of this, I apologize, go ahead and delete this.

So, post what book(s) you are reading, what book(s) you enjoy, and maybe a recommendation or two.

Myself; I am reading "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" By Douglas Adams. The second book in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Series.
I am also reading through 2 Corinthians as a part of my Bible Studies.

Your Turn!
 
umm i have to read alchemist for summer homework by paulo coelho
 
Im reading:
Blood Makes The Grass Grow Green: About an infantrymens life in Afghanistan.

Once a Marines: About a Marine Gunny who survives getting hit in the head, yes in the head, by an RPG, and his life afterwards.
 
The Bourne Sanction by Eric Van Lustbader. tis the second book of the bourne series. very good so far.
 
right now i'm reading : AT&T training handbook

reccomend
eragon
any james patterson book
any of mine ( available upon request)
 
I don't read much in the way of novels, mainly Manga. But for Summer reading, I just finished Deliverance, and still have to read Cat's Cradle (reading now), The Taming of the Shrew, Awakening, and The Grapes of Wrath.
 
Cujo by Stephen King
There's a bit of sex in it but it doesn't matter, it's a great book.
 
"The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" By Douglas Adams
Love Douglas Adams and all of his books. :)

I'm reading "American God's" right now by Neil Gaiman

I've read a few of his and have not been disappointed yet.
 
Menards Selling and Merchandising In-Home Training.

Currently on Course 1

It for my job. i have a 100 question "quiz" at the end.
 
Just finished


[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Plague-Emerging-Diseases-Balance/dp/0140250913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247103260&sr=8-1"]The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World out of Balance[/ame]


Now reading


[ame="http://www.amazon.com/River-Doubt-Theodore-Roosevelts-Darkest/dp/0767913736/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247103324&sr=1-1"]The River of Doubt[/ame]
 
The latest book I finished is the well known 1984 by George Orwell.

It is a great book discussing totalitarianism and the way the government begins to invade the daily lives of people. I found it be interesting in the beginning riding off of the hype of the book and the elaborate scenes that were very well depicted by George. But I have to admit later on I was a bit reluctant to continue reading as the plot has to drag itself on it's knees before Winston does anything important.

A very well written book that is great for the intellectual reading or just wanting to make yourself smarter but perhaps a drag for those who want a good old adventure story
 
Im reading the Corellian Trilogy, and I will read anything Star Wars!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
And 1984 was an okay book but slightly creepy
 
My favorite books are mystery. Hardy boys are great no matter how old they are. Not only do i like reading i love writing.
 
About to finish: The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster.

Next on the list: Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett.

Last book Finished: Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski
 
The latest book I finished is the well known 1984 by George Orwell.

It is a great book discussing totalitarianism and the way the government begins to invade the daily lives of people. I found it be interesting in the beginning riding off of the hype of the book and the elaborate scenes that were very well depicted by George. But I have to admit later on I was a bit reluctant to continue reading as the plot has to drag itself on it's knees before Winston does anything important.

A very well written book that is great for the intellectual reading or just wanting to make yourself smarter but perhaps a drag for those who want a good old adventure story

Agreed. Also, if you like 1984, you will probably like Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

Right now I'm reading L.E. Modesitt's Recluce Series, as well as A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R Martin.
 
Eight Lives Down- War book a guy who defuses bombs. (finished)
Band Of Brothers- The book one not movie by Stephen A. (finished)
Horse Soldiers- A calvary unit in Iraq on horse back (Finished)
V for Vendetta- Also not the movie
Joker- The awesome book
Citizen Soldiers- A war book also by Stephen A. (finished)
 
The lord of the rings by J.R.R. Tolkien . . . the third time reading it. I read the hobbit before i start it again tho.

I also enjoy anything by R.A. Salvatore (the Drizzt series is the bomb)
I also will read anything star wars . . . so far the X-wing series is my favorite.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top