Problem

Bumble-Bee

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
695
Ok..I have a problem playing games, I have diablo 2 and steam on my computer. I can play Css, dods and diablo2 just fine but when i try to play L4d, it lags soo bad. Is it a memory problem? or do i just need to get a new hard drive? What to do?
 
What kind of lag are you experiencing: video lag (low FPS) or connection lag (high ping)?

If it's video lag, do what LightHunter said and lower your graphics settings. You could test this by starting a single player mission and watching your FPS.

If it's connection lag, it might just be that the server L4D put you on is half way across the world. I haven't played L4D in a while, but I remember that I had high ping on some servers and not other.​

Also, could you list some of your computer specs?

Processor, video card, RAM, etc...​
 
L4D takes a lot more out of your proccesor than the other games, what are your specs and check your FPS in game. Also L4D dosen't have dx8, so what is your video card.
 
if you post your computer specs we can tell you your problem. The games you listed are really that intense of games as compared to l4d. l4d takes up a lot more proccessing power, ram, and videoproccessing power to run compared to diablo 2.

Without knowing what hardware is in your computer im going to take a guess its a little older, and probably needs a new videocard to run it smoother.


But before we jump to conclusions, lower all your video settings in l4d and see how it runs.

To check your ping and framerate, goto the console by hiting the ~ key. Type in "net_graph 1" without the quotes. If your ping seems high. idk for l4d but if its higher than about 125ms for me i feel lag.

If your framerate(FPS) is not at least 30 in areas with a lot of zombies/people and gunfire, i would suggest lowering your settings because that is your problem.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top