Team flash mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolololo

Rookie
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
98
Hi guys, I spent 10 minutes on a server this morning and saw that they had a team flash mod running. It actually worked very well. I was flashed... then once I was unflashed it had a nice little note saying "GamerXYZ team flashed you." There was no punishment attached to the mod, although that may have been an option.

Couldn't find this anywhere else on the forum so I figured I would make a new post about it.

Any chance something like this could be added to one of the servers (**dust2**haha)? This could make those geniuses that enjoy flashing their teammates more accountable for their actions. I know there have been instances in the event server where someone is team flashing, and everyone is getting very irritated (admins included) but nobody can really do a whole lot because it is hard to tell who is doing it. This could be a possible solution.

What do you think?
 
Good find. I'd say we should try to implement this as soon as possible. Ever since we got rid of the "Fire in the hole" message it's impossible to figure out who threw what.
 
People need to understand that team flashing happens on accident and on purpose, this will jsut flood everyone's chat and will eventually become a burden.
 
Slightly extended from what seaNNN said, if someone did teamflash (whether accidentally or on purpose), everybody would probably just start slamming the person over chat or voice.

Nice idea, but I believe it'll just aggravate people more in the end.
 
maybe if just admins saw the msg it would be useful.
 
Last edited:
No Ive played in the server that Rolo is talking about. Its not as aggravating as it may seem. Its actually quite useful. Please put it in the servers. It will help the admins ALOT when determining the flasher. And they dont slam people in chat or voice when they see who it is. And thats a server filled with alot of random people. I doubt it will happen in our server seeing as how we are all mature.
 
I'm sure we could somehow modify it if we ever used to so it would be helpful and not a burden don't knock down ideas before we try them seriously.
 
maybe you can modify to it to only show up when the same person has flashed a teammate a certain number of times for an admin to tell him to stop using them or restrict the player from buying flashes or something
I only see team flashes being a problem on the dust2 server, it seems everyone just throws them at random walls :(
 
yes i have played a couple of servers with this mod on and i found it really helpful you can kinda tell when its a accident like when you are rushing short A and someone flash's around the corner but i found it very helpful sometimes i would just ignore it because i knew it was a accident and then sometimes i would say like a little watch the flash's or something just to let them know that it hit us so i agree with adding this mod to the servers.
 
This mod might actually get rid of some of people that love to make the game frustrating for everybody else so that leave. I say we add it to all the servers except jail and on the zombie servers because they dont let us use flash.:w00t:
 
seems like the mod would have its applications, but also would get annoying in the fact that when dust is full and you have a terrorist team of 18+ people rushing team flashing is going to happen, etc.
it really isn't that big of an issue finding out who team flashes in spawns in the beginning of rounds, just gotta go to spec for a round or two and they are easily found out. i dunno if it would bring something good (since it really isn't that bad to begin with) or just bring spam/lag the like
 
Wow, some really good discussion on both sides. I figured this was just going to be a spam fest with people knocking flashbangs.

I agree that it could bring out a little bit of hostility, but with the rules regarding respecting other players on the servers I don't see it being a big problem. I think that at times people who are new to the game are unaware that they are team flashing at all, and a helpful reminder once in a while could help both sides. Flooding the server on dust2 with even more commands would probably be a nuisance though. I think that when I was playing on that server with it installed there were only like 10 - 15 people.
 
We wont be adding this to the servers anytime soon. If you have an issue with someone team flashing, contact an admin (@ <message>) in team chat. We do keep it in mind for when and if we want to add something :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top