No particle effects in TF2

Your Shadow

Rookie
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
86
Okay so here is my problem. The particle effects in TF2 seem to not work most of the time. For example, critical hit signs, the bonk effect when someone is hit with the sandman, the Pyro's flames won't show, the sticky bombs shimmers, the soldiers rocket trails, the spy's smoke when changing disguises, the medic's medi-gun trail, and more all will not show, which effects some of the strategies I could use (for example, as a pyro, I can't see any of the spies I burn and thus they get away). Now like I said, this is most of the time. Sometimes though it will work when I start the game. Other times though it won't work, which confuses me. I don't change any of the settings, yet sometimes the game will load the effects and sometimes it won't? So is there something in the console I can change or check to see if it will effect it, or should I just uninstall and reinstall it?

Thanks ahead of times for the help.
 
I don't remember what the policy is on bumping a topic, so sorry ahead of time if I bumped this too soon D:
 
Please could you post your computer spec or just what graphics card you have.
 
My graphics card, I think, is ATI Radeon X1250. But like I have mentioned above, I don't change any of my settings yet sometimes I get the effects and most of the time I don't. D:
 
I would update your graphics card to the latest drivers. Unless you have already.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top