Computer case

Stevontoast

Active Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
308
I have a new computer case
But the wiring is all retarded inside it
You know you have the front panel leads that you need to attach to your motherboard
Well I need to know where they go
I have tired several times, different places, different ways and other things but I can't get it working...
This is what happened to my old computer (which needs repairing)
I'm currently using the other household computer...
If you need to know my motherboard, here it is

ASUS P5KPL-AM
If you can help that'd be great
 
Are you talking about the On switch and reset switch wires etc? I changed my case last night, and they took ages to find. Turned out being very close to the ATX power connector. It said F panel underneath it. So ifs that what you meant, thats all I can say sorry. If not post back.

You can find a good diagram here
 
Last edited:
Are you talking about the On switch and reset switch wires etc? I changed my case last night, and they took ages to find. Turned out being very close to the ATX power connector. It said F panel underneath it. So ifs that what you meant, thats all I can say sorry. If not post back.

You can find a good diagram here

Aye that is the exact problem!!!
I have plugged them in there before
But the cables are all seperate
For ex: I have a cable saying "Power sw" and "Restart sw"
I know what they are but they are only 2 cubes long and not all connect to each other
 
That's always in your motherboard manual. I looked up your motherboard layout and it's in the bottom right corner next to the SATA connectors, it should say f_panel above the connectors.
2d170xe.png


2hibhcp.png
 
Ok, near the ATX power connector, these will be a plug, with 4 pins on the top, and 5 pins on the bottom. The Power sw and reset/restart sw go to the 4 pins.

Refer to Jv's post for the location. It may not be near the power connector, is on mine :D

*EDIT* After looking up at bit, it looks like I have done my switches slightly different, but they still work.
 
Last edited:
Ok, near the ATX power connector, these will be a plug, with 4 pins on the top, and 5 pins on the bottom. The Power sw and reset/restart sw go to the 4 pins.

Refer to Jv's post for the location. It may not be near the power connector, is on mine :D

*EDIT* After looking up at bit, it looks like I have done my switches slightly different, but they still work.

Dude you helped me find the F-panel which I love you for
I have a problem though
I have the F-panel filled up now (well there is one node free)
But I have one with 4 on it saying speakers rofl
I'll just bang that on the one near my CPU :3

EDIT: Fixed it now :3
Thank you guys
If rep was here I'd give you it :D
 
Last edited:
Best thing you can do, is close it all up. Get a stick, stand a few steps back and push the button :D

No problems btw.
 
Dude you helped me find the F-panel which I love you for
I have a problem though
I have the F-panel filled up now (well there is one node free)
But I have one with 4 on it saying speakers rofl
I'll just bang that on the one near my CPU :3

EDIT: Fixed it now :3
Thank you guys
If rep was here I'd give you it :D

the one with 4 pins near your cpu is normally the fan connector ;)
 
There is a new problem
I put everything in the right place, I turn it on and it makes noises
But no images, no beeping (meaning BIOS)
You think the case has ruined my motherboard ooooor is my HD dead...
Because two HD's aren't working....
 

Latest posts

Back
Top