- Joined
- Jul 26, 2009
- Messages
- 1,235
I've seen some pretty nifty system builds here recently, so I thought I'd add mine to the fold. Basically, it's an i7 system, built under $2k at Newegg. Has everything a system needs, or at least that I need. I'm not a huge overclocker, though I will be overclocking just a smidge on the processor, probably to 3.0GHz. I will be buying this system in the very near future, so please feel free to make any suggestions, comments, etc...
NOTE: I currently have the same mouse and hard drive in the following list, so I don't need suggestions on those.
Case:
NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum AXT Full Tower = $139.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146029
Power Supply:
Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ - 1000W = $174.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371012
Motherboard:
MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 = $189.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130226
Processor:
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W QuadCore = $279.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202
CPU Cooler:
CoolerMaster Hyper N 520 92mm Sleeve = $44.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057
RAM:
(x2 quantity) G.Skill 6GB - 3x2GB DDR3 1333 = $209.98 for BOTH
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231223
Graphics Cards:
(x2 quantity) EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition = $377.98 for BOTH
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130433
Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA = $94.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
CD Drive:
Samsung 22x DVD+-R Burner/DVD Drive/CD Drive IDE = $23.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151175
Monitor: (I run my Xbox through my computer monitor, thus the HDMI port)
Acer 21.5" 5ms HDMI 1080P Widescreen 16:9 LCD = $169.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009157
Keyboard:
Logitech G15 USB Wired = $74.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126034
Mouse:
Logitech G5 7 Button USB Wired = $49.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076
Speakers:
Cyber Accoustics 68Watts 2.1 Speakers = $38.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836150044
GRAND TOTAL: $1,870.85 before shipping.
...
Well, there you go! Hope you guys like the build.
NOTE: I currently have the same mouse and hard drive in the following list, so I don't need suggestions on those.
Case:
NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum AXT Full Tower = $139.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146029
Power Supply:
Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ - 1000W = $174.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371012
Motherboard:
MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 = $189.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130226
Processor:
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W QuadCore = $279.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202
CPU Cooler:
CoolerMaster Hyper N 520 92mm Sleeve = $44.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057
RAM:
(x2 quantity) G.Skill 6GB - 3x2GB DDR3 1333 = $209.98 for BOTH
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231223
Graphics Cards:
(x2 quantity) EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition = $377.98 for BOTH
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130433
Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA = $94.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
CD Drive:
Samsung 22x DVD+-R Burner/DVD Drive/CD Drive IDE = $23.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151175
Monitor: (I run my Xbox through my computer monitor, thus the HDMI port)
Acer 21.5" 5ms HDMI 1080P Widescreen 16:9 LCD = $169.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009157
Keyboard:
Logitech G15 USB Wired = $74.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126034
Mouse:
Logitech G5 7 Button USB Wired = $49.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076
Speakers:
Cyber Accoustics 68Watts 2.1 Speakers = $38.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836150044
GRAND TOTAL: $1,870.85 before shipping.
...
Well, there you go! Hope you guys like the build.













erformance goes, the 4890's are a better value.