Cases with PSU on bottom

I use one, but my PSU fan is internal, so it doesn't really matter. I don't have any problems with a bottom-mounted PSU, except for the difficulty accessing the power switch. All PSU's have rear-vents, so you will still want to keep those clear as much as possible.
 
It doesn't really matter. But if there isn't an intake opening at the bottom you want to mount it upside down.
 
yes they are good as long as you have the clearance. Do not use them on carpet because u wont be getting any air :P. I have a Cooler Master HAF 932 and it allows for both top and bottom but using top makes u get rid of the top fan which is 230mm (HUGE) so i kept it on the bottom and its great, maybe even better. This is because its taking cool air from the bottom of the case and exhausting out instead of taking the hot air being generated from you CPU, GPU, motherboard and such. I have it on a wood floor though and i also put the wheels on the case so their is even more clearance and i can move it around :)
 
mine bottom-mounted i think it keeps stress off the case (my old dell has started to bend) it also looks cleaner because gravity pulls the exess cables down so they dont hang freely in the case
 
yes they are good as long as you have the clearance. Do not use them on carpet because u wont be getting any air :P. I have a Cooler Master HAF 932 and it allows for both top and bottom but using top makes u get rid of the top fan which is 230mm (HUGE) so i kept it on the bottom and its great, maybe even better. This is because its taking cool air from the bottom of the case and exhausting out instead of taking the hot air being generated from you CPU, GPU, motherboard and such. I have it on a wood floor though and i also put the wheels on the case so their is even more clearance and i can move it around :)
Word.

I have the exact same setup.
 
I've got the Antec 900 and it doesn't have a hole on the bottom for the PSU. So basically, the fan is blowing into the case. The only problem I have with this is that all of the rails are on the other side of the case. Sometimes it's hard for them to reach areas on the motherboard, and it also makes it look a little messy. I think I've done a good job to tuck them away though.
 
My Antec P182 is bottom-mounted. I think in most cases it wouldn't really make sense, but this is where I really think Antec is the best. They made a sort of duct where one whole 120mm fan is blowing into a duct that goes over the HDDs then the PSU and out the back. Basically *cold air* --> HDD --> PSU --> *Out* all in one duct, so heat doesn't escape to the top.

<3 Antec!
 
the reason you want it on the top is because it generates heat, and heat rises. It is fine on the bottom, and generally speaking you can get better cable management if it isn't modular, which results is better airflow. I'd say the difference is negligible for the average user.
 
Back
Top