Call of Duty 4 punkbuster crash

s14sh3r

Poster
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
202
I've started getting the dreaded iwmp3.exe crash :(

Code:
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          8/4/2009 11:54:45 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      SuperFred
Description:
Faulting application iw3mp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4859a219, faulting module pbcl.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a5cb020, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000e82f, process id 0x658, application start time 0x01ca157d312431cb.

I've tried all the known fixes.
  • Run pbsetup to update punkbuster
  • reinstall punkbuster
  • reinstall sound card
  • install different sound card
  • made sure a mic was plugged in

Sometimes I can play for an hour before cod4 crashes, sometimes it's only a matter of minutes.

It's frustrating. I'm posting this in the hopes that someone might have a fix that I don't know about.
 
did you run the pb updater tool that lets you select the games you wish to update, or just updated your cod4 pb file?
 
did you run the pb updater tool that lets you select the games you wish to update, or just updated your cod4 pb file?

I used the updater tool. I've had this problem in the past, but was able to reinstall my sound card drivers and it fixed the issue.

I didn't play CoD4 for about a month and it was working fine before. It seems like the problem has returned since the newest punkbuster updates.
 
I just updated DirectX. I don't think it will help, but it's the only thing I haven't tried yet. I'll know here in a little bit when I go play...
 
THis is actually a very common one

Especially if you play on custom servers.
Like on Promod which us competition players play on, we get that a lot

Now if your on normal dedicated servers with ranks. Id say try to reinstall the whole game.
 
THis is actually a very common one

Especially if you play on custom servers.
Like on Promod which us competition players play on, we get that a lot

Now if your on normal dedicated servers with ranks. Id say try to reinstall the whole game.

Thanks Stryck 9, I'll try that. Updating DirectX didn't help, btw, it crashed within 5 minutes :facewall:

I used to play on some custom servers, so maybe that's the problem. Reinstall, here I come...
 
yeah custom servers tend to have that problem, and there is usually no fix.

Reinstalling may help but it will always do that because of glitchs in the map or mod
 
I haven't played any custom servers in quite a while. I did reinstall the game and was able to play in the Crash server for almost 2 hours without a crash (knock on wood).
 

Latest posts

Back
Top