- Joined
- Jul 14, 2009
- Messages
- 805
I just got some new contacts yesterday. Its my first time actually wearing them and having them. I have to say its quite hard getting used to putting it in as I always blink or close my eye because of my natural reactions. Although taking them out is pretty easy to do. So I wanted to see how many other contact wearers are in eGO.
A little story I want to share with you guys. Today at school I was in my third block class (my school has block scheduling so we only have 4 classes in a day but each one last for about an hour and a half). Anyways, I was in my third block class which is ROTC for me. I forgot that you arent supposed to do any heavy rubbing on you eye lids as this moves the contact around and a possibility of getting the contact stuck somewhere its not supposed to be. So i was rubbing my eye and I remembered im not supposed to rub it too hard. After coming to this realization I felt a weird feeling inside of my eye socket. It was the actual contact which was at the top of my eyeball near the back. So I started freaking out knowing that if I didnt get it out I would be at a high risk of getting an infection in my eye. So I asked my Marine Instructor to go to the rest room and try to recover the lost contact. I was in the restroom for about 5 minutes trying to find that little clear sucker. I actually saw the contact itself in the space above my eyeball but I lost sight of it. So I went back to class. Soon afterwards class ended. So I was on my way to lunch when I decided to go back to the restroom to have one last go at the contact. I was unsuccessful again. So I decided to go to the nurse after lunch. But luckily while i was walking down the hall I had my eye shut and I looked down and placed a finger on my eyelid to keep the contact in place so i could open my eye without it returning to its hiding spot. When I did this I felt the contact in the outer corner of my eye. So I hurried back to the restroom where I slowly pulled the contact out and placed it in my little container so that it would be soaking and getting cleaned.
I have to say it hurt and it felt weird. I was also a bit scared because contacts are pretty small and they are mostly clear so it can be a bit hard to find them. But luckily I got mine out so I wont get an infection in my eye and I can continue to play with my favorite community......=(eGO)=
A little story I want to share with you guys. Today at school I was in my third block class (my school has block scheduling so we only have 4 classes in a day but each one last for about an hour and a half). Anyways, I was in my third block class which is ROTC for me. I forgot that you arent supposed to do any heavy rubbing on you eye lids as this moves the contact around and a possibility of getting the contact stuck somewhere its not supposed to be. So i was rubbing my eye and I remembered im not supposed to rub it too hard. After coming to this realization I felt a weird feeling inside of my eye socket. It was the actual contact which was at the top of my eyeball near the back. So I started freaking out knowing that if I didnt get it out I would be at a high risk of getting an infection in my eye. So I asked my Marine Instructor to go to the rest room and try to recover the lost contact. I was in the restroom for about 5 minutes trying to find that little clear sucker. I actually saw the contact itself in the space above my eyeball but I lost sight of it. So I went back to class. Soon afterwards class ended. So I was on my way to lunch when I decided to go back to the restroom to have one last go at the contact. I was unsuccessful again. So I decided to go to the nurse after lunch. But luckily while i was walking down the hall I had my eye shut and I looked down and placed a finger on my eyelid to keep the contact in place so i could open my eye without it returning to its hiding spot. When I did this I felt the contact in the outer corner of my eye. So I hurried back to the restroom where I slowly pulled the contact out and placed it in my little container so that it would be soaking and getting cleaned.
I have to say it hurt and it felt weird. I was also a bit scared because contacts are pretty small and they are mostly clear so it can be a bit hard to find them. But luckily I got mine out so I wont get an infection in my eye and I can continue to play with my favorite community......=(eGO)=
















