Novint Falcon

  • Thread starter Thread starter acefredfred
  • Start date Start date
Let them know how this controller will keep you in more, and away from the dangers that lurk in the real world.... if that doesnt work, scream and cry that they do not love you, and say stuff like, "after all these years and unconditional love i gave you, i ask for a meesely 100 dollars, and you say no?"
 
I really wish there was a place I could try one of these while playing TF2 to see if I like it. As it stands I could never drop money on it unless I was 100% sure I would like it more than my mouse.
 
I really wish there was a place I could try one of these while playing TF2 to see if I like it. As it stands I could never drop money on it unless I was 100% sure I would like it more than my mouse.

I've yet to see a bad review on the Falcon; everyone who plays with one says you have to use it to appreciate how awesome it is. Gotta wonder how long till Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo picks up on this and get Novint to make a controller for the consoles
 
I've yet to see a bad review on the Falcon; everyone who plays with one says you have to use it to appreciate how awesome it is. Gotta wonder how long till Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo picks up on this and get Novint to make a controller for the consoles

I'm not negating that. I am just one of those people who really, really wants to try before I buy.
 
Guys.. I don't know if you've realized I've said I have enough money for it 3 times.. I just want to know how to convince them into letting me buy it.
- ace
 
ok, I see a few ways to answer this.
one: reverse psychology, if you can find a way to make the falcon appealing to them, they'll get it for you.
two: bartering, strike a deal. promise to do extra chores, get a job, anything.
three: buy it without their knowing. buy it and just hide it when they come around.
Done. That's all I got.
 
Most of these ideas are something that would get me in trouble for..
- ace
 
Hey there ace, I'm fathobo, and I've been playing with =(eGO)= for 8 months and am from the TF2 Division. I'm 17 years old and am going to start being a soccer referee and start making money for it. Which, entitles me to buy things that I feel like I WANT not NEED. I am going to tell you the truth, tell your parents you want this product because you have the money to pay for it in a respectable but strong tone, please let me know your age also, but tell them that, you have to start becoming responsible and buying things in which return may teach you a life lesson, by, I bought this product it helped me throughout many of the obstacles in my life or, this product wasn't worth my money and I will think a little more carefully when I buy a product.

Now, when I decide to buy a certain product a $100+, I look at my options.
1. Not buying the product.
2. What other products can I spend my money on besides this product which my be even more beneficial in the future.
3. Doing excessive research on the product before coming to a conclusion that it is a well worth product and that I won't have to replace it in a year or two.


I bought a pair of Beats by Dr.Dre headphones which are noise-canceling, these headphones are just for music, and I mean, JUST FOR MUSIC. I will tell you the truth, I had the money for 6 months to buy these, which were $300 dollars. I took a long amount of time doing research on them, I mean, a really long time, until I came to the conclusion that, I am a musician and therefore in order to increase my ability to make better music, I should be able to hear the music correctly. AND I expect these headphones to last a long amount of time because of the treatment I am going to give it throughout my period of using them. The reason they

I don't like people, that I talk to that say, I want to buy this product because it is cheap. Why do you want to buy it? I don't want to hear that, it is "cool" it improves your "gaming." Those aren't really legitimate reasons to tell your parents why you want to buy the product.

Now, let me tell you why your parents MAY not allowing you to buy this product, these are just my opinions.

1. The economy, think about how your parents are getting through these days, depending on how old you are, think these through, and ask questions bud.
2. Your parents may be thinking of other useful things you could use your money for, maybe not for education but, maybe an Ipod, a new cellphone, maybe they think you are even responsible enough to save up enough money to pay for half of a cars down payment when you get old enough to buy/drive a car.
3. It just simply isn't worth it, your future may be at stake because your getting bad grades or your just too unfocused, and later on they know, that you will thank them.

I've asked a lot of these questions NOW, especially number 1. Parents don't want kids to come up to them and say, can you buy this because it is cheap and my clan is sponsored and blah blah blah. They hate that, a fairly large percent of our parents in this generation believe that games are going to be the downfall of this generation and that this is not a legitimate product to buy on their time and hardworked earned money until you have a job and you can buy it yourself.

Sorry if this is long, but, let us know how old you are, it may help to the cause of the Novint Falcon you want to buy and the answers we are giving you to obtain that Novint Falcon even it is coming from your own pocket.
 
Ace, just, don't get me wrong, I don't want to have you feel that I am criticizing you in a really rude or mean way, I just want to show you how adults think and how older people think. I mean, I don't want you to lose all of your youth by playing video games and not being active in sports or something other than gaming you love to do. So, I think people reading what I have wrote will hopefully give you different advice, not advice that...technically, makes you feel like poop and a feeling that says you will never get a Novint Falcon, but just, different incite to how you can get a Novint Falcon, or maybe change your mind on buying a Novint Falcon and looking forward to buying something else.
 
ok... Never mind... But I'm not loosing all my youth.. Thank you..
- ace
 
you don't look like youre a 7th grader...lol

just save up dude, $100 aint too hard to come up with

just hustle your parents, ask for money to eat, go to the movies, something involving you leaving the house. then go hang with your friends instead and keep the money

ive been pulling that move for 8 years, it works for me :)

Especially when I ask to go paintballing ($45-$70)
 
Ace, just, don't get me wrong, I don't want to have you feel that I am criticizing you in a really rude or mean way, I just want to show you how adults think and how older people think. I mean, I don't want you to lose all of your youth by playing video games and not being active in sports or something other than gaming you love to do. So, I think people reading what I have wrote will hopefully give you different advice, not advice that...technically, makes you feel like poop and a feeling that says you will never get a Novint Falcon, but just, different incite to how you can get a Novint Falcon, or maybe change your mind on buying a Novint Falcon and looking forward to buying something else.


I just want to show you how adults think and how older people think.

Older people? You have a lot of room to talk. LOL! Get in DoD so I can own you a few hundred times. Then I can rub it in when I dominate you. LOL! I'm 20+ years older than you? LOL!

Losing all your youth playing video games????? How about all those kids in the 40's and 50's when comic books were very large. Those comic books had lots of english and math puzzles to solve and made you a more intelligent individual. LOL!

So playing video games may get you involved with game development or other aspects in our computer industry.

Forget about it! I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm old and losing my mind. LOL!


Peace my little bro's!
 
Thank you John.. I actually am interested in Gaming Development when I am older..
- ace
 
I haven enough money.. I just need to convince them..
- ace


Your parents love you and want the best for you. They just want to teach you the value of a $1.00. That's all. But if you have determination and put your mind to it or anything, you will get it and accomplish all your goals and dreams.

Peace!
 
Back
Top