- Joined
- Jul 7, 2009
- Messages
- 1,947
Greetings to everyone.
First of all, I would like to thank you all for the opportunity of being member of this awesome organization and for the friendship and support that every day is granted within its members. My respects to everybody.
So, as the title, I would like to propose a discussion to be taken about one of the newest rules in CS regarding "RTV" and map suggestions, As Follows:
As we all know, Rock The Vote allows players to choose whether change map or not during game play, and while voting is in progress a menu shows the options to pick.
Since last week, I think, there was a rule instated that prohibits players to promote or to advocate anyhow to RTV or to vote for a specific map; this is the rule that I am proposing right now to fix (not to void).
It is true that advocating for a vote can become manipulation when you are making new or young players to vote for a map, whether they know it or not, but I conclude that the concept of "suggestion" is being overvalued, and I will explain it briefly:
There is a big difference between suggest and impose, it is obvious to conclude that the main objective of this rule is to prevent imposing or manipulating. About an hour ago yours truly was playing in the Zombie Escape server, and got into a discussion with two admins about that because I truly believe that suggestions are part of making the gaming even better.
The reason is pretty simple, I asked to the admins if it was OK no to impose or advocate to RTV but to suggest a map to be played and expose a reason for it, for example: "Guys, I suggest we play ze_abc_abc_ next time because in my opinion with the number of people we are right now, it'll be more fun". One of the admins (which of course I wont say his/her name) said in "ALL" that we should not try to loop the rules" telling me that I cannot try to make a rule better if my means are anyhow the same objective.
What the admin is trying to tell us, inside the limits of logic, is that we cannot make any kind of suggestion or comment, because such are oriented to make people decide to vote for an specific map. Totally absurd, with all due respect.
There are no elements to conclude that "the end justifies means" because whether we like it or not, everybody has their own orientations to everything, and prohibiting anyhow to express such orientation attempts and damages to the very simple principle of Free Speech, whatsoever.
For that reasons, and many more, I suggest that from now on RTV and map suggestions can be allowed only if the suggester does it with admins permission; and not just prohibit any kind of them.
Yours truly
Dennis Montoya
=(e)= Sigma Taurus
Attorney at Law, Guadalajara, Mexico.
First of all, I would like to thank you all for the opportunity of being member of this awesome organization and for the friendship and support that every day is granted within its members. My respects to everybody.
So, as the title, I would like to propose a discussion to be taken about one of the newest rules in CS regarding "RTV" and map suggestions, As Follows:
As we all know, Rock The Vote allows players to choose whether change map or not during game play, and while voting is in progress a menu shows the options to pick.
Since last week, I think, there was a rule instated that prohibits players to promote or to advocate anyhow to RTV or to vote for a specific map; this is the rule that I am proposing right now to fix (not to void).
It is true that advocating for a vote can become manipulation when you are making new or young players to vote for a map, whether they know it or not, but I conclude that the concept of "suggestion" is being overvalued, and I will explain it briefly:
There is a big difference between suggest and impose, it is obvious to conclude that the main objective of this rule is to prevent imposing or manipulating. About an hour ago yours truly was playing in the Zombie Escape server, and got into a discussion with two admins about that because I truly believe that suggestions are part of making the gaming even better.
The reason is pretty simple, I asked to the admins if it was OK no to impose or advocate to RTV but to suggest a map to be played and expose a reason for it, for example: "Guys, I suggest we play ze_abc_abc_ next time because in my opinion with the number of people we are right now, it'll be more fun". One of the admins (which of course I wont say his/her name) said in "ALL" that we should not try to loop the rules" telling me that I cannot try to make a rule better if my means are anyhow the same objective.
What the admin is trying to tell us, inside the limits of logic, is that we cannot make any kind of suggestion or comment, because such are oriented to make people decide to vote for an specific map. Totally absurd, with all due respect.
There are no elements to conclude that "the end justifies means" because whether we like it or not, everybody has their own orientations to everything, and prohibiting anyhow to express such orientation attempts and damages to the very simple principle of Free Speech, whatsoever.
For that reasons, and many more, I suggest that from now on RTV and map suggestions can be allowed only if the suggester does it with admins permission; and not just prohibit any kind of them.
Yours truly
Dennis Montoya
=(e)= Sigma Taurus
Attorney at Law, Guadalajara, Mexico.







