Guild Wars 2, Thoughts, expectations, views.

TehLemur

Famous
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
547
I know we have the thread about the trailer and the release date a little ways down, but here I would like to discuss the upcoming game in-depth. Share your thoughts and whatnot. Apart from being hyped :D.


My thoughts are this.
I can't wait for the game for a few reasons, one being that it'll bring everyone who plays closer. When talking to other players of Guild Wars you can notice quickly, everyone has different parts of the game, whether it may be only Prophecies, Factions, or Nightfall, or the expansion with any, or the lucky ones who have all of them. One thing is for certain, unless you have all the games or the lucky game that everyone plays, it's pretty hard connecting.

I only have Prophecies and EotN and being with others who don't have what I have, and have something different makes things pretty sucky. Now we start anew with Guild Wars 2. Of course people will be running different species (I personally will stick with human to see their story) but everyone will be able to play together, and play any mode and any instance/battle without worrying of buying an expansion pack (for now). This has me more excited then anything.


Another thing is the graphics. I have always boasted against people who bash Guild Wars 1 that they don't know what they are missing. Impressive skills and the restriction of only 8 skills and lvl 20 cap made the game one of the most tactical out there. And the Land....oh man, I would tell them that once they saw how beautiful Guild Wars is, they would join, and so far it worked, hell I even got a friend who didn't like MMO's one bit to be in love with Guild Wars (subsequently I am now working on getting him to join eGO so he can be in the same guild as I...plus he plays tf2 too :P)


Sorry for so much reading, but anyways, I'd like to hear your words as well :3.
 
Last edited:
The game looks pretty good to me so far. I saw the trailer...I'm disappointed that there was no gameplay in the trailer but the scenery/world looks great! Graphics are gorgeous so far. However I don't play guild wars so I probably won't be picking this up, but I'm still deciding.

I have a quick question...is GW2 going to act as an expansion or as it's own standalone game? By expansion I mean like a new higher level zone(s) that you can take your already leveled characters into or do you have to start from scratch again? Also GW players, would you recommend GW to someone, I've always thought of playing...
 
Guild Wars 2 will be a standalone game. You will not be able to take your existing characters and go into higher level zones, so you will have to start from scratch. But if you own Guild Wars: Eye of the North, some of your "achievements" like collecting certain weapons or completing certain quests will grant you special items and maybe quests too, I'm not so sure. Your character names in GW1 will be reserved in GW2 so you can name your new character after another character you had in the previous game.

As for recommending Guild Wars, I would definitely say yes. All the campaigns and the expansion pack are excellent. From PvE to PvP, everything is really fantastic. Plus the fact that the games don't cost to much anymore and that there are no monthly fees make Guild Wars an excellent game. I would highly recommend it.
 
The game looks pretty good to me so far. I saw the trailer...I'm disappointed that there was no gameplay in the trailer but the scenery/world looks great! Graphics are gorgeous so far. However I don't play guild wars so I probably won't be picking this up, but I'm still deciding.

I have a quick question...is GW2 going to act as an expansion or as it's own standalone game? By expansion I mean like a new higher level zone(s) that you can take your already leveled characters into or do you have to start from scratch again? Also GW players, would you recommend GW to someone, I've always thought of playing...

I'm with Capt'n Bean. You should definitely try out the first game, buy whichever one you think would be great, and we would totally help you in-game :D, plus Doomcat may even pull you into roleplay ;D

That's one thing I wondered too, was gameplay. They added new features like jumping (maybe even swimming? judging from the underwater portion of the trailer) but I would like to see how it works. Also, I noticed, would each species have certain abilities others don't? I noticed what appeared to be charr running through the forest on all four legs around 2:23 in the trailer.

I'm also curious of the classes, and how they will work, and if each species will have certain classes only they can have.
 
Last edited:
I'm definitely looking forward to GW2.

I just hope that the characters will look different and have discernible features, toons in GW1 tended to look the same, and that wasn't fun.

I also hope the new races will have their own special place and abilities, just like WoW. I have high hopes for this game, it's a follow up to one of the best games ever made, and the game that got me started on PC gaming.
 
That and adding way more types of armor. GW1 has a good selection, but unless you have elite and it's in an outrageous color, people don't stand out much.

It would be interesting to see if the character customization is so unique, that you could even change the horns on the charr's head to different styles.
 
There will be jumping, even jumping off hills and not having to talk around xD

GW2 isn't expected to release 2011, and there is expected beta's(closed, maybe open) in 2010(http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/guild-wars-2-expected-in-t1793.html).

If you all think the graphics look good, well, they aren't the finished and polished graphics. They will look even beta come closer to beta.

If you want to know EVERYTHING we know for a fact so far about GW2, check this out:http://www.iloveguildwars.com/2009/11/07/guild-wars-2-what-we-know/
 
I played GW1 a while back and it was okay, but what really makes me want to play this is that you can be a Charr! those guys were awesome. they totally destroyed everything.
 
Well I don't play GW1, but I do own Factions, just don't play it. So far this game has caught my attention. It looks sweeet! The fact you can finally jump and swim is good, and the zones look just....wow!
 
Last edited:
You got it, you can jump, swim, and the zones look amazing, maybe my fps will start cracking, who knows! And the fact that you can choose what type of person you want (Human, Charr, Asura, etc.) And I also like the fact that all the factions are on the "same team", by no one is against each other, so I can be a Charr, and still play with my Human friends. :D
 
Yea, can't wait for the game to be released. I just wish it would come out a little earlier. I agreed that it would be best for someone looking at GW2 to play some of the GW1 games.
 
Until NCSoft and ArenaNet deal with the grossly minuscule security settings to save people from getting hacked, I will not give them the time of day, or another cent of my money.
 
The key to not getting hacked is having a secure password, that being said, random password generators, then setting it to a macro on your keyboard is one of the easiest ways to not get your password stolen / guessed

(Also copy and paste that password on a notepad file on an external drive as a backup) :P

Ontopic.. GW2 = asurans being so cute = win ;D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top