Counter-Strike Not Planned (JB) Bring back logs for Ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prae

freekills <3<3<3
=(e)=
Unsure why this was even removed as a feature, but let Ts use sm_logs, they can see if someone freekilled or freedamaged and i used to use it near every time I played the server, it helps a lot with reports.

Upvote 0
While I do see the usefulness in being able to instantly view the logs, it could definitely result in ghosting / cheating. As it is right now, the logs being printed out into console after every round is sufficient for most players. For admins, it's more necessary to be able to quickly handle issues or disruptions.

For reports, you are more than welcome to copy and paste the logs once the round has ended.

In short, reach out to an admin and they can look into offenses for you. It's not beneficial to let non admins see logs immediately if they can't do anything about it.

This ^^^

Though, JB logs could do with a few improvements. Be kinda cool if u could specify a user and it print out logs for individual users, to or from, other actions, etc.

I'd love to have more verbose logging of things that are going on in the game mode, right now it really only gives part of the story.

They cannot, afaik. I could be wrong, but I think only admins can call the logs on demand.

While I do see the usefulness in being able to instantly view the logs, it could definitely result in ghosting / cheating. As it is right now, the logs being printed out into console after every round is sufficient for most players. For admins, it's more necessary to be able to quickly handle issues or disruptions.

For reports, you are more than welcome to copy and paste the logs once the round has ended.

In short, reach out to an admin and they can look into offenses for you. It's not beneficial to let non admins see logs immediately if they can't do anything about it.
I mean if someone is already ghosting for someone else, they wouldn't need the logs as they are probably in a discord call/steam messagse and more.

Though, JB logs could do with a few improvements. Be kinda cool if u could specify a user and it print out logs for individual users, to or from, other actions, etc.
Would be great, really useful on a full server.
Example:
You get a complaint of a freekill and go to check logs to see who the guy got killed by.
You open them and (especially if its a bit later in the round) you see a whole lotta names, now you have to go line by line until you see the person you are looking for.
It usually doesn't take that long to spot it but I've found myself in situations where I take too long to find the exact line and then they auto scroll to the bottom on round end, making me go back up and start looking again.
This doesn't happen often but when it does it can be really annoying.

If I could just type "!playerlog name" and it prints everything they did in logs with time stamps that would be much easier.
name of the command is arbitrary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back