borderlands or l4d2

Lifty

Poster
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
242
well as the title states i have 2 game stop 25$ gift cards and i want to get a shooting game which do you suggest l4d2 or borderlands?

thanks
 
I'd go with L4D2, but I'm a little biased.

Honestly though, I think you can get more fun out from L4D2. Plus if you pre-order it now before the 17th, you'll get your funky items for both L4D2 and TF2. Your bat and hat.
 
Borderlands. Tons of replay value, amazing co-op, 30+ hours for one playthrough that never gets boring.

Check out some of the threads about borderlands.

Also, Left4Dead 2 will probably have a price drop by january or maybe even have a christmas special.
 
I Don't know why people are so hyped about borderlands, it's not that great, i mean sure it's fun, but i would go with l4d2
 
from someone who has played borderlands and tried the demo for l4d2, definitely l4d2, borderlands is fun and all, but it just doesn't pair up with l4d2.
 
I have Borderlands. I've also played L4D2 Demo. L4D2 will/is better. Borderlands gets repetitive. Fun for the first few hours, then it gets old.
 
borderlands has a lot of replay value i dunno what you guys are talking bout - l4d would be more repetitive than borderlands if you ask me.
either way i think you eventually need to get both, so just get whatever is cheapest now
 
ALL SHOOTERS ARE REPETITIVE! That doesn't mean they are not fun, but to say Borderlands is and L4D2 isn't is just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the L4D2 demo and this isn't a complaint, but this is the exact same game that was released a year ago, with a few new bells and whistles.

So if you loved the first Left 4 Dead and couldn't get enough of it Left 4 Dead Too is right up your alley, you'll love it. Personally I plan to buy it but will wait for a price drop.

If you're up for a shooter game that is different from most of the pack then I would recommend Borderlands. It's a fresh spin on the FPS genre and the RPG elements make it unique. The fun of the game comes from the guns and the Cl4P-TP robots. As for the Co-Op I've only done split-screen with my brother-in-law and that's a lot of fun. If you can find a good gang for online play I can only imagine how good that is.

That's really what it comes down to. You can buy something different in Borderlands, or More of the Same with L4D2, which is ok because it is great. You won't be disappointed with either choice.
 
Last edited:
Fresh spin on fps with unique RPG elements? Didn't you play fallout 3?
 
I've played the LFD2 demo and I've also played Borderlands. LFD2 is pretty similar to LFD1 gameplay wise but with different campaigns and expanded gameplay. If you have LFD1 you're buying more of an expansion rather than a new game. Borderlands is one of the few RPG's thats really exited me with its gameplay. At the moment I'd say Borderlands is better, but its all down to your opinion. Would you prefer to play an FPS RPG or an FPS zobmie game. Your call.
 
(I'm answering this assuming you mean for the PC?)

They're both fun games, but right now I'd have to give the slight edge to L4D2.

Borderlands is a great single player experience, but the Multiplayer is busted on the PC and till (if) they fix it it's just not as good overall as L4D2. When L4D2 comes out (omg 6 days from now :O) almost everyone on your friends list will be playing it
 
To be honest I played the L4d2 demo and have put a ton of time into Borderlands. After playing the L4D2 demo I bought it immedietly, the new changes are just huge game changers and it's going to so much fun playing the new infected.

Borderlands I got 2 50s on and I really don't have anything left to do untill they make us pay for more DLC, sure I have awesome gear but it really isn't that much of a varation. Killing the same bandits throughout the game got a little boring. Diablo 2 held me in for years because of just the amount of varation of monsters/enviroments/weapons (that had different colors/looks/feels/radically different stats, the stats in Borderlands are all the same on each weapon but some weapons have different numbers on those stats, or have modifiers etc or some might have one of the few elemental effects that you see over and over) and endgame and difficulties. Borderlands just seems really easy, and there is pretty much no endgame or boss to go after, and the enviroments are pretty much the same throughout the game untill the end. You pretty much see the same monsters throught the game too, and the guns even though randomized are pretty much similar in look/stats which got kind of boring. So right now Borderlands is just sitting there in my gameslist till it gives me something to do, amazing game untill you beat it.

L4D2 will probably last you a lot longer, L4D lasted me sooo many hours and I still play it all the time, Versus is just to much fun/competetive, and they fixed so many things in it it's seriously going to be a whole new game. They removed the repetetive weapons, new infected including more than just SI, there is clown zombies and things. There is a bunch of new levels that have really interactive enviroments that really immerse you into the game. Like at the finale at one of the levels there is a mic you can yell into and it amplifies your voice and makes it echo.

Only people I found getting bored of L4D were people that only played campaign, I mean.. seriously how can you not like versus once you become good at playing the infected, it's just so much fun. Valve also adds a ton of DLC to keep it interesting.

I will probably put thousands of hours into L4d2, versus the 200 hours I put into Borderlands.

Your choice though, you might be less hardcore and the 200 hours of Borderlands might last you longer, just make sure you have friends to play with, because I always seemed to outlevel my friends and they wouldn't come on and I wouldnt be able to play and would have to catch them up.
 
Last edited:
Borderlands is a great single player experience, but the Multiplayer is busted on the PC and till (if) they fix it it's just not as good overall as L4D2.

what are you talking about, it isn't busted on the PC in the least. there are 2 ways you can do it, game ranger or just open your ports if you have a router. if you don't have a router you don't have a problem at all or anything to modify.
playing co-op is the funnest part of this game, and to be honest borderlands fun all starts once you hit level 50 and do playthrough 2.5. some of the epic battles you can get into are just so intense and fun
but i do plan on getting l4d2 when i update my graphics card
 
I will not buy L4D2 because I already have L4D.. why because its the same thing but with new weapons and characters/maps. Woohoo.. you can paint an apple orange but that don't make it one.

Personaly I think L4D in general is just overkilled, ya sure new items characters/weapons but in reality its the same game, which to me does'nt impress me.

I'd recommend Borderlands just for the fact its new.. but that's up to you.
 
I say L4D2 because it has some re-playability, whereas Borderlands doesn't really.
 
ALL SHOOTERS ARE REPETITIVE! That doesn't mean they are not fun, but to say Borderlands is and L4D2 isn't is just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the L4D2 demo and this isn't a complaint, but this is the exact same game that was released a year ago, with a few new bells and whistles.

So if you loved the first Left 4 Dead and couldn't get enough of it Left 4 Dead Too is right up your alley, you'll love it. Personally I plan to buy it but will wait for a price drop.

If you're up for a shooter game that is different from most of the pack then I would recommend Borderlands. It's a fresh spin on the FPS genre and the RPG elements make it unique. The fun of the game comes from the guns and the Cl4P-TP robots. As for the Co-Op I've only done split-screen with my brother-in-law and that's a lot of fun. If you can find a good gang for online play I can only imagine how good that is.

That's really what it comes down to. You can buy something different in Borderlands, or More of the Same with L4D2, which is ok because it is great. You won't be disappointed with either choice.

This this this! I think you should just go with whatever game YOU think is best. Not what WE think is best.

I say L4D2 because it has some re-playability, whereas Borderlands doesn't really.

Um hello?! Borderlands as a TON of replayability. I have NO clue what your talkin bout.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top