Warpathians: Where are you?

guys, they got rid of DB and GP because they were empty most of the time
all other servers are filled for like 15-18 hours / day
and if 2 servers only got pop for 3-5 hours day its not worth to have two of them
people didnt came back for DB/GP server either, so they changed it to WP
and i guess if oall those old warpathianer would know that the server is back up, they'd come

Blashpemy. I've been in ego for almost 5 months now. When I played tf2 i played gravelpit. Everyday i played, it was full or just about to get filled. The two weeks before they took it down yes, were slow but w/e. I've seen the horrid blackmesa slow, but do they take it down, nooo. We need gravelpit back. I miss being stacked against by corpse and black guy. Now for my gravelpit fix, i need to untag (because lots of clans ban us on sight due to steam forum criers) and then search for a server.
 
Blashpemy. I've been in ego for almost 5 months now. When I played tf2 i played gravelpit. Everyday i played, it was full or just about to get filled. The two weeks before they took it down yes, were slow but w/e. I've seen the horrid blackmesa slow, but do they take it down, nooo. We need gravelpit back. I miss being stacked against by corpse and black guy. Now for my gravelpit fix, i need to untag (because lots of clans ban us on sight due to steam forum criers) and then search for a server.

If you've been here for almost 5 months, then you don't remember the following warpath used to have.
 
Warpath was changed to pipeline when the spy/sniper update came out, huge mistake in my opinion, I wish we could get a community going around it again.
 
well, i dont like warpath but im still idling in there to help it.

leadership got my dropbox, so... hopefully when thats sorted out it will help a little too
 
I'm all up for having warpath if we can ever get enough people on it to have a good game.

However, there will always be a place for toyfort low gravity! That map was awesome for the short bit we had it!!!
 
Blashpemy. I've been in ego for almost 5 months now. When I played tf2 i played gravelpit. Everyday i played, it was full or just about to get filled. The two weeks before they took it down yes, were slow but w/e. I've seen the horrid blackmesa slow, but do they take it down, nooo. We need gravelpit back. I miss being stacked against by corpse and black guy. Now for my gravelpit fix, i need to untag (because lots of clans ban us on sight due to steam forum criers) and then search for a server.


and race cars post. gravell pit was truely fun every single game ive had in the server. now that its gone i am a bit dissapointed but ive slowly just stuck to turbine. i wonder how things would be if we set it back up and if it would be as epic games like we used to have
 
I just miss my Gravelpit :(, I had found a true home on there with its regular players and it is the server that got me to join eGO. Now I just wander from server to server, more often than not ending up in Mesa because either A. its the only one with my friends on it, or B. the other servers are empty or Turbine/Two Fort. Remember to send Zero711 your Casino Cash to get GPit on the auction server! Maybe then they'll switch it back to GPit if its successful enough.

EDIT: And Egypt is a fun map... but we already have a 24/7 server on it, I stopped playing there recently because I got bored on it, good map but after you've played several games of it it gets a little too repetitive for me :P, and no, GPit doesn't get too repetitive IMO
 
Happy Gilmore win.

Every map is repetitive, it's up to you to make it a new experience each time. ;)

I like the regulars on Egypt, good people... most of them. :)
 
Having a server is like having a small business. If we keep changing the menu on our customers then our "customers" wont come back, and go search for something they like better. In order to keep the regulars going, we can't keep switching these servers over and over again. Consistency seems to be key in keeping a server full. So if the higher ups really believe the current servers are best, then we shouldn't keep switching servers so often. Lets give it more time and let the people build it up.
Most people go to servers not because of the map it self, but the people that go to it often. If we have a group of people (like 4-5 people) that will stick to -only-warpath then the server will fill naturally, and easily. so if we want our servers to be more popular we need to assign regulars to the servers to constantly help the server fill. People will see that and wa la fun server status has been achieved.
 
Having a server is like having a small business. If we keep changing the menu on our customers then our "customers" wont come back, and go search for something they like better. In order to keep the regulars going, we can't keep switching these servers over and over again. Consistency seems to be key in keeping a server full. So if the higher ups really believe the current servers are best, then we shouldn't keep switching servers so often. Lets give it more time and let the people build it up.
Most people go to servers not because of the map it self, but the people that go to it often. If we have a group of people (like 4-5 people) that will stick to -only-warpath then the server will fill naturally, and easily. so if we want our servers to be more popular we need to assign regulars to the servers to constantly help the server fill. People will see that and wa la fun server status has been achieved.

I'd like a double order of Blackmesa to go, please.
 
Needs to go back to dustbowl because it drew more people than Gravelpit! or try a 24/7 granary server or granary/well server! That would be awesome!

this.

it is my personal opinion that Warpath either needs work or its too spammy/barren in most places :/

its a decent map but it just is'nt my thing.
 
Back
Top