whats the next update gonna be?

Im hoping for a new class!

Oh and nobody's mentioned...

MEET THE PYRO
 
Maybe they'll finally make a "Meet the Pyro" and "Meet the Medic" video... I love playing medic and pyro and I kind of feel left out. :(
 
They might introduce a new gamemode and are just testing it. I see a lot of files loosely connected to a new gamemode. Especially these different stat scripts I'm seeing. Some of it are for VIP mode which they dropped and some of it is new.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully they stop wasting their time updating this game and have every person in their company working on the next Half Life game.
 
Maybe they'll finally make a "Meet the Pyro" and "Meet the Medic" video... I love playing medic and pyro and I kind of feel left out. :(

Do you remember the whole L4D2 Boycott and how Valve invited some of the guys that were at the forefront of that to visit their studios?
I remember reading like an interview from them somewhere (Kotaku I think) that they said they got to see Meet the Medic as a part of their little behinds the scenes look.
 
I'm really hoping they work on the "Massive 360 update" that was "Coming soon" about a year and a half ago.:glare:.....Valve time :facewall: I still enjoy playing the 360 version every once in a while.:blushing:
I can see them doing a stand alone version for the ps3 though, especially now that Portal2 is coming to ps3 with steam cloud for updates. I think that the ps3 will get an updated version of TF2 before the 360:scared: If they do come to the 360 I imagine they will cost quite a bit...it's a lot of content

Yea Gabe said that the PS3 version of Portal 2 is going to be the best on any platform, to make up for him bashing it lol
 
it better be something for the soldier like a new rocket launcher that doesn't fail
I think he needs like a 6 ammo rocket launcher or something.
 
The thing with the Xbox version of TF2 is, to update it to the PC versions current state would be impossible, the Xbox doesn't actually have enough memory to be able to run it. Kind of funny :P. They would have to use lower quality models or not include all the maps or something :P

you realize the 360 has more system memory than ps3 right? the ps3 has larger graphic memory but with a small ram, 360 has large ram and smaller gpu ram but in total ram avalabel 360 has more so basically if the 360 can;t handle it neither could ps3
 
There are actually .ctx files of a civilian in the TF2 root folder. So they might introduce a new gamemode and are just testing it. I see a lot of files loosely connected to a new gamemode. Especially these different stat scripts I'm seeing.

most of those files are for old discarded gamemodes not new ones the civilian was for the hunted gamemode which was in TFC and QWTF and there are a bunch of other modes that both TFC and QWTF have that tf2 doesn't.
 
you realize the 360 has more system memory than ps3 right? the ps3 has larger graphic memory but with a small ram, 360 has large ram and smaller gpu ram but in total ram avalabel 360 has more so basically if the 360 can;t handle it neither could ps3

It has nothing to do with ram and gpu; it has to deal with Harddrive space. TF2 is huge now... we're talking about 7GB. At least, that's my understanding of it; I'm a PC gamer. I don't do consoles.
 
Last edited:
Naturally I no longer have the link, but Dread is on the right track.

Firstly, TF2 with the new features is terribly huge. In order to pack the updates into the XBOX, they've gotta trim everything down to a DVD size.

And speaking of DVD size, this won't likely be an over-the-air patch. It'll be a disc-based-patch. You're talking about downloading GIGABYTES of update, which will shame even the PC updates. And the XBOX updates have to go through Microsoft's network, and they're picky.

And even if those were trouble, getting a game or patch out on the console networks requires you to jump through tons of regulatory hoops; Microsoft wants to be sure that half their customer base doesn't get pissed because an update fails. And every bit of the patch has to be certified, which means that each new addition to the TF2 world just massively complicates getting a patch.

My prediction? "Team Fortress 2.1! Now with more patches!" It'll be a packin with Portal 2 or Half Life 2 Episode 3 Dallas Cowboys 7, in an attempt to duplicate the Orange Box. It's be a compact whole which is able to be QAed and certified as a lump. Because Valve can't go through the patch wars that they do with the PC versions. They can't launch 24 patches a week until it's right... it has to be right... out of the box.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top