Smoke for Snipers?

MattLugar

I made one post
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
13
Was chatting on Anzio and there were quite a few (myself included) thinking it would be a good addition to give a smoke grenade to snipers.

Anyone have opinions on this? That even something the admin would consider?
 
Not sure how it would be implemented if it were to be approved by the server admins. That's more along the lines of game coding.
 
Can't we also give them a machine gun?? Like, an attachment to their sniper rifle so they can shoot with the scope.

Plus, it'd be cool if it was no-recoil.

Pwwwease?
 
Why smoke for snipers?? Personally i don't like smoke - i have old comp and smoke gives me instant lag!
 
Snipers will not be getting smoke nades on our servers. From the point of view of an experienced sniper, smoke grenades are counter-productive. Besides, for the amount of people who use assault class, there are plenty of players on the servers with smoke grenades.

-Blue
 
That's why we just asked. Had several opportunities where snipers were in position to drop smoke to assist in providing cover. It wasn't a personal use sort of thing, but a team-operations conversation we had in game.

Was worth asking/mentioning. I for one was just happy to see that much thought into teamwork happening that night!
 
Not sure what's with all the sarcasm honestly... Just a relay of conversation we had on server relating to making things a little more focused on teamwork instead of simple self-preservation.

Suppose I should know by now that the mention of teamwork will get people out of sorts. :blink:
 
Not sure what's with all the sarcasm honestly... Just a relay of conversation we had on server relating to making things a little more focused on teamwork instead of simple self-preservation.

Suppose I should know by now that the mention of teamwork will get people out of sorts. :blink:

Well I was the only sarcastic one and I am all about teamwork. Clearly you just don't pay enough attention cause I am always sarcastic. Look at my threads/posts...it's like "Where's Waldo?" trying to find the serious one.
 
Finding a serious Spank is like trying to hunt down the elusive jovial BlueStealth, or the happy Angrygirlfriend.
 
Don't know Spank yet, so that's good to hear. :)

Again a lot are missing the point, it's not about helping the SNIPER, it's about helping the team. Multiple times that night we had a sniper that would get into a flanking position but not be able to get a bead on a couple opponents. They were in a position such that they would have easily been able to drop some smoke to provide cover so that we could have moved into a position to flank that group.

Your equipment you carry shouldn't always be about you! ;)

Anyhow, if the admin say no way, no how, it's a moot point to continue unless we wish to discuss team tactics that we can't even implement.
 
Don't know Spank yet, so that's good to hear. :)

Again a lot are missing the point, it's not about helping the SNIPER, it's about helping the team.

there are plenty of assaults roaming around the map that have smoke nades. There are generally 10-20 assaults on a full server at any given time and 4 snipers.

while you may have had a specific situation where snipers are in good positions to smoke, I very rarely see snipers ahead of the assaults.

-Blue
 
Like I said, moot point if it's not going to happen. Forget we brought it up as a suggestion. :P
 
Snipers will not be getting smoke nades on our servers. From the point of view of an experienced sniper, smoke grenades are counter-productive. Besides, for the amount of people who use assault class, there are plenty of players on the servers with smoke grenades.

-Blue

Basically.

What benefit would a sniper find in smoke? If they obscure themselves then they can't aim at anybody, and if they obscure a ranged location then they can't see anything coming from that direction. Smoke is the hard-counter to snipers, it's used to get close to snipers because they're weak in close quarters. Can't see it being useful.
 
I say we make this thread about removing smoke nades altogether

All in favour say aye!
 
What benefit would a sniper find in smoke? If they obscure themselves then they can't aim at anybody, and if they obscure a ranged location then they can't see anything coming from that direction. Smoke is the hard-counter to snipers, it's used to get close to snipers because they're weak in close quarters. Can't see it being useful.

Again, the suggestion wasn't about helping the SNIPER, but about the sniper utilizing smoke to assist the team. :facewall:

I don't care, it is clear it is not going to happen and I'll relay that loudly to anyone else that mentions it on the server in the future so they can spare everyone the pain of another thread like this. :w00t:
 
Same gavin, I get major lag when I run into smoke! Infact i get lag most of the time..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top